Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Food Reasonably Priced

Options
  • 27-01-2013 5:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

hey were havin a childs birthday in the house and was looking to get some finger food delivered, maybe sandwiches, just cocktail sausages, chicken wings that sort of stuff. Anyone know best place to get this at best price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

hey were havin a childs birthday in the house and was looking to get some finger food delivered, maybe sandwiches, just cocktail sausages, chicken wings that sort of stuff. Anyone know best place to get this at best price?
    N2 Style Catering. Have used them many a time and can highly recommend. They are reasonably priced too. Google them to get their website. They are based in Parkmore I think but deliver to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.connemaracatering.com and www.cmcatering.net has been recommended a few times before too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

N2 Style Catering. Have used them many a time and can highly recommend. They are reasonably priced too. Google them to get their website. They are based in Parkmore I think but deliver to your door.

thanks Royce Powerful Quadrilateral, they just seem a bit pricey, €5 per head for there most basic package seems a bit pricey for kids, was hoping to get something for €3.50-€4 per head as be about 30 kids and prob 30 adults

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

thanks Galwaygirlee, they just seem a bit pricey, €5 per head for there most basic package seems a bit pricey for kids, was hoping to get something for €3.50-€4 per head as be about 30 kids and prob 30 adults

What's for dinner do party food, very good prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

thanks Galwaygirlee, they just seem a bit pricey, €5 per head for there most basic package seems a bit pricey for kids, was hoping to get something for €3.50-€4 per head as be about 30 kids and prob 30 adults

Don't think that's pricey at all, in fact I can't believe you would think that that is pricey.

• Advertisement

Don't think that's pricey at all, in fact I can't believe you would think that that is pricey.

I don't think they are dear either. We have used them loads of times for various events and I can genuinely say their food is top notch for the price. They provide all the plates, cutlery, glasses too for the price along with those serving trays that keep the food warm (can't think of what they are called). I've no connection to them or anything other than I'm a very satisfied customer and will continue to use them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

It's for kids. Do you really need caterers?

Buy a few cocktail sausages. Feck them in the oven. Take them out 20 - 25 minutes later. Done.

Same method works for chicken nuggets.

Make rice crispies buns. Purchase rice crispies. Purchase chocolate. Melt chocolate. Mix. Wait. Done.

I really can't believe that there's a need for caterers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd agree €150 for some sausages, nuggets, and chips sounds like a lot when its easy to do at home. Maybe OP has a venue in mind where that's not an option. For example, you can rent out the club house in Cappagh park. We considered that for my son's bday so we could invite his entire class and also ran in to cost of getting food brought in as they don't have facilities to do food on-site. But then, I'd pay a lot not to have a 30 kids in my home.

You might call your local pub that serves pub grub and see if something can be arranged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You can get a big "party bucket" thing from Supermacs, stuffed with hips, nuggets, cocktail sussies and goujons and stuff.

Phone them and ask for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

churchview wrote: »
    It's for kids. Do you really need caterers?

Buy a few cocktail sausages. Feck them in the oven. Take them out 20 - 25 minutes later. Done.

Same method works for chicken nuggets.

Make rice crispies buns. Purchase rice crispies. Purchase chocolate. Melt chocolate. Mix. Wait. Done.

I really can't believe that there's a need for caterers.

Kids are people too! :D

I totally understand people wanting to pay a few bob for peace of mind, particularly if there's only one or two people organising it, if you have entertainment, decoration to worry about etc, or even if, Lord forbid, you have work that day before it.

The Supermacs bucket idea that Seaneh mentions sounds best if they deliver a couple while still hot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

seriously???

is there something wrong these days in going to the shop and buying stuff to make your own sandwiches and ordering a few cocktail sausages at your butcher to cook yourself??

for a kids birthday?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

He has 30 kids and 30 adults to feed. I'm sure they would prefer to be able to chat to / entertain their guests, rather than be running back & forth to the kitchen for hours.

OP - You should call Papa Johns / Dominos / 4 Star. I've seen them do amazing deals from time to time on large orders (> 20 large pizzas). They generally do these deals just for clubs, but no harm in asking.

thanks everyone for your suggestion. i went with best price and it was <snip> that done me best deal. thanks to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Just had to post what OP was able to decide on. I'm just interested as we were recently thinking about this so handy to ride on someone else's hard work!

Mixture of Hot Food, Chicken Wings, Chicken Goujons, Onion Rings, Potato Wedges and Cocktail Sausages

€4 / person.

http://www.whatsfordinner.ie/party-catering-in-galway-1.html

I dunno, who can complain about that?

OP, please let us know how it all turns out. Good luck!

just to let everyone know we got the food on saturday, was surprisingly really good, especially the chicken. rest was normal. worked out around €3.40 a head. I honestly couldn't fault it

wow,over 200 Euro spent then, just on the bare minimum - pity you didn't go to aldi, get your own foods, drinks and salads and made it yourself. Great satisfaction and a lot of change. :D

wow,over 200 Euro spent then, just on the bare minimum - pity you didn't go to aldi, get your own foods, drinks and salads and made it yourself. Great satisfaction and a lot of change. :D

Have to say I agree.

Last year for our little one's second birthday, we got cocktail sausages, made the ubiquitous rice crispie buns and bought some other "treats". We also fed 40 adults beef casserole - the whole lot, kids and adults, for approx €70.

And don't tell me not everyone can make a casserole. It's basically chop, mix, cook.

So I assume everyone who is knocking the OP wanting to diy has:

1. Never bought a bag of chips (spuds are so much cheaper to make at home).
    2. Never gotten a taxi (walk, cycle, the bus or hitch, all cheaper).
    3. Never gone out to dinner for a special occasion (why would you, much cheaper at home.
    4. Pay a hotel to cater your wedding - sure just make some sambos for the guests, or stick on a casserole :p

I could go on and offer some 'top tips' from Viz but I think you get the idea? :D

Lads, I don't see why you are knocking someone doing something for convenience, and perhaps easing some stress in their life? We don't know their circumstance - how much time they have to prepare stuff because of work, ability etc. 4 quid a head was relatively cheap per head no matter what way you look at it.

I cook a lot myself, but from experience (and I was surprised, but still...) people have a multitude of reasons (some of them better than others, but some of them perfectly valid) for not cooking. I get satisfaction from cooking, but not everyone does. Some just get stress. And it is true, not everyone can make a casserole!

inisboffin wrote: »
    So I assume everyone who is knocking the OP ...

I don't see anyone knocking the OP. I see people suggesting other cheaper alternatives and those people are as entitled as you and the OP to their opinion.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

just to let everyone know we got the food on saturday, was surprisingly really good, especially the chicken. rest was normal. worked out around €3.40 a head. I honestly couldn't fault it

congrats op. hope you had a lovely chilled(ish) day

• Advertisement

I don't see anyone knocking the OP. I see people suggesting other cheaper alternatives and those people are as entitled as you and the OP to their opinion.

That's true about the opinions but to me it sounded a bit judgemental to be honest. Same as 'don't tell me not everyone can make a casserole'. It would be great if they could but they can't!

That's true about the opinions but to me it sounded a bit judgemental to be honest. Same as 'don't tell me not everyone can make a casserole'. It would be great if they could but they can't!

Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree.

As to the casserole. I firmly believe everyone can make one, or at least could, if they tried (even my Mother in Law can make one and she'd burn water!). They just don't, for various reasons, some of which as you've pointed out are quite valid.

So I assume everyone who is knocking the OP wanting to diy has:

1. Never bought a bag of chips (spuds are so much cheaper to make at home).
    2. Never gotten a taxi (walk, cycle, the bus or hitch, all cheaper).
    3. Never gone out to dinner for a special occasion (why would you, much cheaper at home.
    4. Pay a hotel to cater your wedding - sure just make some sambos for the guests, or stick on a casserole :p

I could go on and offer some 'top tips' from Viz but I think you get the idea? :D

Lads, I don't see why you are knocking someone doing something for convenience, and perhaps easing some stress in their life? We don't know their circumstance - how much time they have to prepare stuff because of work, ability etc. 4 quid a head was relatively cheap per head no matter what way you look at it.

I cook a lot myself, but from experience (and I was surprised, but still...) people have a multitude of reasons (some of them better than others, but some of them perfectly valid) for not cooking. I get satisfaction from cooking, but not everyone does. Some just get stress. And it is true, not everyone can make a casserole!

wow, people put alternative suggestion and they are "knocking" people. amazing :o

re. the casserole - if grown adults with kids are not able to put together a casserole they they deserve to be charged way over the odds for "takeout".

re. the casserole - if grown adults with kids are not able to put together a casserole they they deserve to be charged way over the odds for "takeout".

Right, that statement is not judgemental at all :rolleyes:

Right, that statement is not judgemental at all :rolleyes:

maybe it is, but not to the OP, it could be to your post tho. think about it.

As to the casserole. I firmly believe everyone can make one, or at least could, if they tried (even my Mother in Law can make one and she'd burn water!). They just don't, for various reasons, some of which as you've pointed out are quite valid.

I have actually shared a house with someone who could burn water! :D
    I love cooking, and am surprised that the thought of it actually frightens some people, but it does!

maybe it is, but not to the OP, it could be to your post tho. think about it.

No idea what you are on about now. You made a sweeping statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Remember when this thread was about catered party food? Those were the days..

biko wrote: »
    Those were the days..

...when we could afford it! LOL!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't make a casserole to feed to a group of people...I'm not a good cook and the meat never turns out right. I get catering in like the OP for events as it's the only way I can be sure that my guests are being fed right as my culinary skills are definately not up to the mark. It's just not my forte no matter how hard I try!

OP glad the food worked out well for you and you had a nice day!

Advertisement