Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People of Waterford wake up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

7upfree wrote: »
    Wow! A bone thrown to the dogs, and probably planned for the past ten years.

The new emergency department, and the new pediatric ICU, and the new maternity unit ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Chiparus wrote: »
    The new emergency department, and the new pediatric ICU, and the new maternity unit ??

And these were all planned after 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

And Kikenny? All kind of moot really. As I type, this brain dead debacle of a "Government" is selling the next two generations of Irish people up the Swanee - while accepting a debt that we do not - and never will - owe. "Not one red cent, etc".

No doubt the equally brain dead hacks will try to sell it as some kind of "victory". It's about as much a victory as the famine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

And Kikenny? All kind of moot really. As I type, this brain dead debacle of a "Government" is selling the next two generations of Irish people up the Swanee - while accepting a debt that we do not - and never will - owe. "Not one red cent, etc".

No doubt the equally brain dead hacks will try to sell it as some kind of "victory". It's about as much a victory as the famine.

Christ do you ever manage a post without mentioning Kilkenny? :confused:

Borders on obsessive at this stage. Have you no positive ideas of your own of how to project a positive image of your city rather than constant knocking of your neighbour and the govt. Everything seems to be the govts fault (and usually Phil Hogan's) for all Waterford's ills.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »

Borders on obsessive at this stage. Have you no positive ideas of your own of how to project a positive image of your city rather than constant knocking of your neighbour and the govt. Everything seems to be the govts fault (and usually Phil Hogan's) for all Waterford's ills.

Just look at what you've posted about "neighbours". KKCC have a sign - essentially at the northeastern entrance to Waterford City which proclaims "Belmount". So don't lecture me about neighbours.

Yes, what about St. Luke's? And the excuse for that is? As the thread title says "Waterford People Wake Up". Never a truer word spoken.

People are so busy defending the actions and agenda of Hogan and Co, along with a political party that will, hopefully, suffer the same fate as FF, that they forget about the one thing that is the most important of all. Waterford City. And its citizens. Long under the cosh from self-serving political buffoons, the current lot who promised "not to lay down the gauntlet" until WIT received University status.

Until they held the reins of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Deise_67

there is a KK forum as far as I know !

Deise_67 wrote: »
    there is a KK forum as far as I know !

I avoid it. Unlike some on that who troll the Waterford one.:)

No you post here constantly about it instead ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I haven't had any reports of Kilkenny people trolling this forum, please report instances of trolling.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Yes it is THE Regional Hospital. So its for the Benefit of all the surrounding counties too. And all done without poltical interfence unlike the neighbouring counties investments.

Maybe have a look at the posters here and you will see the knocking is done against Waterford but nice try. Also unless you've been living in a hole you will see the news stories about Phil Hogan and Brendan Howlin have verified what we;ve been saying as accurate. So no matter how often you and others come up with the knocking and begrudgery arguements it keeps getting blown out of the water by reported facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Jaysus lads......there is a huge paranoia going around in here. I've had experiences of both hospitals and Wexford is MILES behind Waterford in terms of the standard of the facilities. Wexford REALLY needed this upgrade.

In comparison Waterford is like the Park Hotel Kenmare. I don't have any problem with the standard of Wexford being brought somewhat into line with Waterford.

People should focus on Waterford getting an upgrade if they want but not at the expense of other facilities which require it much more. People require care outside of Waterford you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Deise_67

don't think anybody has an issue with wx getting an upgrade, its the manner in which its done I have the issue. no transparency if its not stroke politics they manage to make it look like a stroke ! all the while the bearded wonder ponders on the Higgins report on the se set up ! that's probably why waterfordians are a tad pi**ed off !

Maybe have a look at the posters here and you will see the knocking is done against Waterford but nice try. Also unless you've been living in a hole you will see the news stories about Phil Hogan and Brendan Howlin have verified what we;ve been saying as accurate. So no matter how often you and others come up with the knocking and begrudgery arguements it keeps getting blown out of the water by reported facts.

There's no point argueing with you...once something is not based in Waterford or seen through your Blue and White rose tinted glassed it's automatically a negative and a huge conspiracy to rob Waterford (somehow).
    There's no begrudgery from me on anything here so please don't accuse me of same. One only has to read though any of your own posts to see it in all its glory.

Jaysus lads......there is a huge paranoia going around in here. I've had experiences of both hospitals and Wexford is MILES behind Waterford in terms of the standard of the facilities. Wexford REALLY needed this upgrade.

In comparison Waterford is like the Park Hotel Kenmare. I don't have any problem with the standard of Wexford being brought somewhat into line with Waterford.

People should focus on Waterford getting an upgrade if they want but not at the expense of other facilities which require it much more. People require care outside of Waterford you know.

Indeed. And with Co. Wexford's population now pushing 150k far above all other counties in the region the A&E upgrade is completely justified and timely. Same for Kilkenny which serves almost as big a catchment less South KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    I'm glad you admit that this Government is involved in parish pump politics. I distinctly remember Edna Kenny's promise of eradicating this carry on in one of his election promises calling it Fianna Fail's way of doing things.
    As I have said Sully I have no political mandate but hypocrisy real gets under my skin especially when I am looking at the serious damage it is doing.
    Hard left government are you having a laugh there.
    Do you believe that any of the gains that we received in the past here in Waterford were not merited.
    Oh by the way did you catch the 9 O'Clock news on RTE.

Enda Kenny said a lot of things, now he chooses not to say a lot of things. This particular government is starting to make Fianna fail look like Mother Theresa.

There's no point argueing with you...once something is not based in Waterford or seen through your Blue and White rose tinted glassed it's automatically a negative and a huge conspiracy to rob Waterford (somehow).
    There's no begrudgery from me on anything here so please don't accuse me of same. One only has to read though any of your own posts to see it in all its glory.

Begrudgery? I said lecturing. Which is what you are doing because some people choose not to kiss FGs arse. The dogs in the street can see an agenda running against Waterford. FG/Labour are actually WORSE than FF ever were. And Waterford - the Regional Capital - IS being neglected and fcked over. No two ways about it.

And yet people still try to rationalise it and defend it. And as I type they are attempting to put the next two generations in hock for an illegal gambling debt.

Without even putting it to the electorate.

No you post here constantly about it instead ;)

Yes. This is the Waterford forum - and Waterford is suffering badly at the hands of this Government and Phil Hogan and Co.

Nonsense the only begrudgers are yourself and your other fellow travellers who continue to justify the unjustifiable. The fact is Wexford and kilkenny Hospitals were fastracked behind the backs of everyone in the HSE and they are not priority hospitals.This is not some Waterford conspiracy Theory. If you think it is and we somehow have RTE and all the newspapers in our pockets then your the one at the wacky races. Waterford is by far still the regional centre with the population equivelent of county Wexford within a 15 min drive. Wexford town and KK do not come close. A significant part of those counties population are closer to WRH then their own county hospitals. The fact that you are talking about counties proves your the one wearing the jersey here as counties in themselves are meaningless because they do no reflect demographics, So you see its not some conspiracy to rob Waterford.This chicanery robs Waterford and Wexford/Kilkenny and South Tipp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

AH JUST WRECK THE PLACE AND GET IT OVER WITH

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Deise_67 wrote: »
    don't think anybody has an issue with wx getting an upgrade, its the manner in which its done I have the issue.

So if a badly needed upgrade got fast tracked for Waterford you'd be the exact same about that now would you? Be 100% honest,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Begrudgery? I said lecturing. Which is what you are doing because some people choose not to kiss FGs arse. The paranoid dogs in the street can see an agenda running against Waterford. FG/Labour are actually WORSE than FF ever were. .

So let me get this straight,
    You honestly believe that FF, Labour and FG were/are plotting against Waterford?

Just Waterford?

So anything that benefited Waterford like the outer ring road developments, M9, knocking of all those old houses before the train station (remember those!), the new bridge, funding for viking triangle, the proposals for new fire station and anything else built or improved upon in say the last 15-20 years happened because the people in power hate Waterford and want to undermine it?

Seriously man, if you are that paranoid, what makes you think that any other party will be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Cabaal wrote: »
    So if a badly needed upgrade got fast tracked for Waterford you'd be the exact same about that now would you? Be 100% honest,

TD's and ministers should not be fast tracking anything in their own constituency.

What's given in their constituency will no doubt have to be pulled from elsewhere.

This is stroke politics to ensure they get voted in again next time around and I do not agree with it in any shape or form.

Triangla wrote: »
    TD's and ministers should not be fast tracking anything in their own constituency.

What's given in their constituency will no doubt have to be pulled from elsewhere.

This is stroke politics to ensure they get voted in again next time around and I do not agree with it in any shape or form.

Exactly the penney just doesn't seem to drop with them. Any preference shown at the expense of somewhere else will ultimately have to be rectified or reversed in the long term meaning they are ultimately shooting themselves in the foot twice. Gobeen politicians like Howlin and Hogan thrive on this fact.

Triangla wrote: »

You may not agree with it, but it happens.

You think minister's in UK, France, Finland etc etc get voted in and do nothing extra for the area they represent? You think congressmen/women in the USA do nothing extra for the area's they represent?

You think they don't look for extra funding, try to get extra jobs in the area, new building projects?

You think communist party members in China don't give benefits to where they live or leaders in North Korea give benefits to what they want? Think again!

You want to call it parish pump politics but it is very far from unique to Ireland,

People won't vote people in unless they think there's something in it for them, thats the nature of human's...we as a species are pretty selfish.

You may hate it but for the TD's that do exist in Waterford, you expect them to do stuff for Waterford, you expect them to benefit you and the county in some way, you expect them to get extra funding and jobs, you expect them to stop stuff you don't like. This makes you no different to anyone else.

If a TD in Waterford tomorrow got 200 extra jobs for the place you'd be overjoyed, but you can be damn sure those jobs could have gone elsewhere instead of Waterford so you'd still get them at somebody else's expense. But then you wouldn't care.

Problem appears to be for Waterford is the voted in TD's are pretty weak when it comes to actually taking meaningful actions and the more powerful people you had in the past you just wanted to moan about and still do.

Its not a perfect or ideal system but nothing ever is...but then we're human's and even perfect idea's get twisted by us in the end.

You may not agree with it, but it happens.

You think minister's in UK, France, Finland etc etc get voted in and do nothing extra for the area they represent? You think congressmen/women in the USA do nothing extra for the area's they represent?

You think they don't look for extra funding, try to get extra jobs in the area, new building projects?

You think communist party members in China don't give benefits to where they live or leaders in North Korea give benefits to what they want? Think again!

You want to call it parish pump politics but it is very far from unique to Ireland,

People won't vote people in unless they think there's something in it for them, thats the nature of human's...we as a species are pretty selfish.

You may hate it but for the TD's that do exist in Waterford, you expect them to do stuff for Waterford, you expect them to benefit you and the county in some way, you expect them to get extra funding and jobs, you expect them to stop stuff you don't like. This makes you no different to anyone else.

Problem appears to be for Waterford is the voted in TD's are pretty weak when it comes to actually taking meaningful actions and the more powerful people you had in the past you just wanted to moan about and still do.

Its not a perfect or ideal system but nothing ever is...but then we're human's and even perfect idea's get twisted by us in the end.

Is this supposed to be an excuse or something for amoral political practices? At what point is does it become enough for you? This is the problem that has plagued the region for decades and you thinking KK and Wexford are experiencing some sort of windfall that puts you ahead in some way is just not the case. What has happened here is an exercise in fiddling regional resources to keep certain politicians electable. It is guaranteed to prolong this behavior in the region probably for decades as it will ultimately have to be reversed and reversal will be fought for. Not your finest hour when you are justifying Boss Hogans behaviour because ""it goes on everywhere". Maybe it does maybe it doesn't but it is hard to find an insidious example as this anywhere.

Is this supposed to be an excuse or something for amoral political practices? At what point is does it become enough for you? This is the problem that has plagued the region for decades and you thinking KK and Wexford are experiencing some sort of windfall that puts you ahead in some way is just not the case. What has happened here is an exercise in fiddling regional resources to keep certain politicians electable. It is guaranteed to prolong this behavior in the region probably for decades as it will ultimately have to be reversed and reversal will be fought for. Not your finest hour when you are justifying Boss Hogans behaviour because ""it goes on everywhere". Maybe it does maybe it doesn't but it is hard to find an insidious example as this anywhere.

Nope, not an excuse.

I'm simply trying to show you that what you believe to be some sporting related border issue is nothing of the sort and is in no way confined to Waterford like some paranoid people like to think.

Its a much wider human condition, people want results from their vote this is why people vote for other people...because they think they can benefit.

You can twist my words to suit your cause all you want but I never once stated I support a specific TD in their decision or a party.

I don't support any specific party, as such no such views doesn't cloud my own decisions,

I did state that regardless of country, regardless of political party's....this stuff happens and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. The likes SF have proven that they are just as capable of screwing the system as anyone else, after all they are human like anyone else.

Nope, not an excuse.

I'm simply trying to show you that what you believe to be some sporting related border issue is nothing of the sort and is in no way confined to Waterford like some paranoid people like to think.

Its a much wider human condition, people want results from their vote this is why people vote for other people...because they think they can benefit.

You can twist my words to suit your cause all you want but I never once stated I support a specific TD in their decision or a party.

I don't support any specific party, as such no such views doesn't cloud my own decisions,

I did state that regardless of country, regardless of political party's....this stuff happens and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. The likes SF have proven that they are just as capable of screwing the system as anyone else, after all they are human like anyone else.

I don't have to twist anyones words. The media are all over this because of its implications and the fact you're still leaning on the paranoia crutch shows how feeble your justifications are despite it been blown out of the water. As for the county jersey stuff any time Phil Hogan is in town he plays on the Kilkenny Man in Waterford fig leaf to hide from any political flak. When he is somewhere else it is Sinn Fein or FF trying to undermine St Liukes. If you were as impartial as you say you are you wouldn't be defending it simple as. As for this stuff happening everywhere seldom has it been so venal in its application. This is not business as usual it is happening at a time when the state is practically facing an existential crisis due to unsustainable debt. Yet in your little goldfish bowl the Minister for St Lukes and St Stephens barracks is justified because it goes on everywhere, but it does not. Not all investment is pork barrell some of it is actually good planning and justified. This is pork barrell stuff there is no evidence to the contrary.It is also unnecessary as Phil Hogan would get elected in KK no matter what he did good bad or infifferent just like Deasy in Waterford and Howlin in Wexford.

• Advertisement

I don't have to twist anyones words. The media are all over this because of its implications and the fact you're still leaning on the paranoia crutch shows how feeble your justifications are despite it been blown out of the water. As for the county jersey stuff any time Phil Hogan is in town he plays on the Kilkenny Man in Waterford fig leaf to hide from any political flak. When he is somewhere else it is Sinn Fein or FF trying to undermine St Liukes. If you were as impartial as you say you are you wouldn't be defending it simple as. As for this stuff happening everywhere seldom has it been so venal in its application. This is not business as usual it is happening at a time when the state is practically facing an existential crisis due to unsustainable debt. Yet in your little goldfish bowl the Minister for St Lukes and St Stephens barracks is justified because it goes on everywhere, but it does not. Not all investment is pork barrell some of it is actually good planning and justified. This is pork barrell stuff there is no evidence to the contrary.It is also unnecessary as Phil Hogan would get elected in KK no matter what he did good bad or infifferent just like Deasy in Waterford and Howlin in Wexford.

Well said Fuzzy. Cabaal, for all his posturing, is about as anti-Waterford as you will see. And a FG apologist. Another one.

Advertisement