Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People of Waterford wake up

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

7upfree wrote: »

Well said Fuzzy. Cabaal, for all his posturing, is about as anti-Waterford as you will see. And a FG apologist. Another one.

So everyone who doesn't agree with your paranoid ramblings is a FG apologist and is anti-waterford?

Yeah, good one.

Why do you bother even discussing things if you've already decided to label people, ignore all reason, logic and decide which political party the person supports/votes/likes the views of (even if you're again talking utter bollocks).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Deise_67

heres some logic for you ! two projects two cabinet minister's two constituency = stroke (QED )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

You really have not a clue, we fight amongst ourselves and the biggest threat to WRH is Cork.

Ever wonder why HSE south East became HSE SOUTH???:

kk going on a solo run to dublin not helping either ! as u say divided we fall !

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

What is happening on this thread is why im avoiding this forum at the moment, if someone dares go against the grain of " Phil Hogan is worse than Cromwell" he is labelled a apologist, a hack, unpatriotic etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Chiparus wrote: »
    You really have not a clue, we fight amongst ourselves and the biggest threat to WRH is Cork.

Exactly. Same goes for the College as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Cabaal wrote: »
    So everyone who doesn't agree with your paranoid ramblings is a FG apologist and is anti-waterford?

Yeah, good one.

Why do you bother even discussing things if you've already decided to label people, ignore all reason, logic and decide which political party the person supports/votes/likes the views of (even if you're again talking utter bollocks).

Just like yourself. Read what you've posted above. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Do tell? And while you're at it tell us why the Regional IDA offices closed? I will give you a clue it wasn't Waterford TD'S who thought they would do ever so well being lumped in with Dublin. We can see now how swimmingly Wexford are doing on the jobs front. Your problem seems to be that Regional unity is good as long as Waterford is not at the lead.

road_high wrote: »

Exactly. Same goes for the College as well.
    Exactly KK and Wexford not getting behind WRH and WIT and Waterford itself.

Do tell? And while you're at it tell us why the Regional IDA offices closed? I will give you a clue it wasn't Waterford TD'S who thought they would do ever so well being lumped in with Dublin. We can see now how swimmingly Wexford are doing on the jobs front. Your problem seems to be that Regional unity is good as long as Waterford is not at the lead.

Regional unity is good because it keeps waterford as the lead, of the region. Fighting will lead to the breakup of the region.

Yep keep up the fight against Wexford and Kilkenny, or else they will get jobs - meanwhile WRH will be downgraded to fund the massive overspend by Cork hospital.

Much better these jobs go to Cork and Dublin?

• Advertisement

Regional unity is good because it keeps waterford as the lead, of the region. Fighting will lead to the breakup of the region.

Yep keep up the fight against Wexford and Kilkenny, or else they will get jobs - meanwhile WRH will be downgraded to fund the massive overspend by Cork hospital.

Much better these jobs go to Cork and Dublin?

Man you are bordering on ridiculous. You seem to have no comprehension on the reality of the situation. The obstacle to regional unity is not coming from Waterford. It is not Waterford TD's in the news for showing favoritism to their constituency. It is not St Lukes or Wexford that is being threatened with downgrade. It is Phil Hogan and Brendan Howlin who historically have had the paranoid delusions of everything going to Waterford re jobs and resources. So get a grip FFS.

Man you are bordering on ridiculous. You seem to have no comprehension on the reality of the situation. The obstacle to regional unity is not coming from Waterford. It is not Waterford TD's in the news for showing favoritism to their constituency. It is not St Lukes or Wexford that is being threatened with downgrade. It is Phil Hogan and Brendan Howlin who historically have had the paranoid delusions of everything going to Waterford re jobs and resources. So get a grip FFS.

Oh dear, Wexford TD fights for local hospital- If our ministers are in europe- should they fight for what is in Irelands interest or Europes interest?

We are lucky to have so many ministers in the South East, many of Hogans constituents actually work in Waterford , and believe it or not Waterford people work in St Lukes and Wexford.

The people of Kilkenny and Wexford need new facilities, the SOUTH EAST benefits from their construction.
    Just like when Cullen was the minister, the motorway to waterford was built, guess what, the WHOLE South east benefited.

Many people in Clonmel,Wexford and Kilkenny are fighting to keep the SouthEast region going - With Waterford as the capital, but keep on coming across the constant negative begrudging and closed attitudes of the Deise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Oh dear, Wexford TD fights for local hospital- If our ministers are in europe- should they fight for what is in Irelands interest or Europes interest?

We are lucky to have so many ministers in the South East, many of Hogans constituents actually work in Waterford , and believe it or not Waterford people work in St Lukes and Wexford.

The people of Kilkenny and Wexford need new facilities, the SOUTH EAST benefits from their construction.
    Just like when Cullen was the minister, the motorway to waterford was built, guess what, the WHOLE South east benefited.

Many people in Clonmel,Wexford and Kilkenny are fighting to keep the SouthEast region going - With Waterford as the capital, but keep on coming across the constant negative begrudging and closed attitudes of the Deise.

So lucky? Sweet Jesus. I give up. There is no hope.

Yep you're a complete fantasist. When the main hospital of the South East is proposed to be downgraded while peripheral hospitals are fastracked because of political skullduggery this means there is no regional dimension to any of the announcements in KK or Wexford. Yes the whole South East benefitted when Cullen was misnister. The same thing is not happening now despite two ministers being from the South East. They are looking after their own contituencoes full stop. Yes people in Wexford, Waterford and Clonmel ARE fighting for the South East. Phil Hogan and Brendan Howlin are not among them. And again with the begridgery nonsense when the only people showing this attribute are yourself and the people you are defending. This is why gombeen men like Hogan and Howlin are making the news for the wrong reasons and destroying their parties in the process. And that is why Desie begrudgery isn't outside of your insane delusions of course.

Yep you're a complete fantasist. When the main hospital of the South East is proposed to be downgraded while peripheral hospitals are fastracked because of political skullduggery this means there is no regional dimension to any of the announcements in KK or Wexford. Yes the whole South East benefitted when Cullen was misnister. The same thing is not happening now despite two ministers being from the South East. They are looking after their own contituencoes full stop. Yes people in Wexford, Waterford and Clonmel ARE fighting for the South East. Phil Hogan and Brendan Howlin are not among them. And again with the begridgery nonsense when the only people showing this attribute are yourself and the people you are defending. This is why gombeen men like Hogan and Howlin are making the news for the wrong reasons and destroying their parties in the process. And that is why Desie begrudgery isn't outside of your insane delusions of course.

Peripheral hospitals? LOL. I suggest you take a quick read of the recent census to show you are (again) talking non-sense.
    The areas served by Wexford and KK are generally all the fastest growing areas of the SE. i.e. those with overspill from Dublin. As said before Wexford's population is now pushing 150k. And it's easily as quick if not quicker for say an ambulance or patient from New Ross to Wexford General as to/from WRH. That's before you throw in the people of South Wicklow for whom Wexford Gen is their nearest hospital. Same pattern for Carlow which is exclusively served by St. Lukes as are southernly parts of Laois and Kildare. To even suggest there is no regional dimension to the 2 upgrades is outrgageous in the context of where the patients of both come from. I read somewhere before over half the babies born in St, Lukes are not from Kilkenny addresses for example. Just because something is not in Waterford does not automatically equal non-regional.

All's going here is the HSE providing services where the people actually live rather than forcing them down to a obscurely located WRH. P.S. I do not want any downgrading of WRH (sadly could not say same re some people's attidude to St. Lukes) or for that matter Waterford (many many people work there and go to College from the whole region). It's the attidude that anything outside Waterford city boundaries is automatically a negative is what gets peoples backs up.

Peripheral hospitals? LOL. I suggest you take a quick read of the recent census to show you are (again) talking non-sense.
    The areas served by Wexford and KK are generally all the fastest growing areas of the SE. i.e. those with overspill from Dublin. As said before Wexford's population is now pushing 150k. And it's easily as quick if not quicker for say an ambulance or patient from New Ross to Wexford General as to/from WRH. That's before you throw in the people of South Wicklow for whom Wexford Gen is their nearest hospital. Same pattern for Carlow which is exclusively served by St. Lukes as are southernly parts of Laois and Kildare. To even suggest there is no regional dimension to the 2 upgrades is outrgageous in the context of where the patients of both come from. I read somewhere before over half the babies born in St, Lukes are not from Kilkenny addresses for example. Just because something is not in Waterford does not automatically equal non-regional.

All's going here is the HSE providing services where the people actually live rather than forcing them down to a obscurely located WRH.

Well before you laugh too hard learn actually how to read the census statistics. The majority of the population growth in Kilkenny County is actually adjacent to Waterford City.Subtract this and Kilkenny growth is rather meagre. A similar situation exists around New Ross who if the New Ross Standard is anything to by is served primarily by WRH and not Wexford General. So Wexford can be almost as close WRH but the fact is its not. Likewisw SKK is far closer to WRH.Also much of Mid KKi as far is Thomastown just as close to WRH if not closer.So the fact is WRH is by far the most important hospital and St Lukes is a peripheral hospital. Kilkenny serves Carlow and Kilkenny and it is not a regional facility as much as you might wish it is. If it was it would be called it.It also does not perform a regional role with Laois.Laois is in the Midlands which has their own regional hospital network. This is just a ridiculous attempt to justify the rabid parochialism that is occurring. The South East is the South East and the midlands is the midlands region. KK is not inb the latter and is not some imaginary catchement area of KK. They have their own urban centres in Athlone and Portlaoise. So half the babies in St Lukes are not from KK.That is because they are from Carlow.Whoop de do!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fuzzy dunlop, shouldn't you be out protesting today? ;)

Hope there's one in Waterford today, god forbid he/she would have to cross rice bridge! If not it's surely another snub and attempt to downgrade the place by the loony left this time !!

Shouldn't you? Or do you think your ok because you got a couple of PCCs you weren't due.

Hope there's one in Waterford today, god forbid he/she would have to cross rice bridge! If not it's surely another snub and attempt to downgrade the place by the loony left this time !!
    Oh wow loony left! You dont lack originality.

• Advertisement

I'll take that as a no then :)

I'll take that as a no then :)

Lobby big fill he might get you a smartphone.

or a pair of untinted glasses !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Handbags?

Lobby big fill he might get you a smartphone.

So let me get this straight,

During the protests you are now saying you were browsing boards on your mobile?

Can't have been a very engaging or interesting protest if that's the case,

I would have thought somebody such as yourself that feels so strongly about anti government, anti fg, anti anyone that doesn't 100% agree with you would be most engaged in such a big protest. ;)

So let me get this straight,

During the protests you are now saying you were browsing boards on your mobile?

Can't have been a very engaging or interesting protest if that's the case,

I would have thought somebody such as yourself that feels so strongly about anti government, anti fg, anti anyone that doesn't 100% agree with you would be most engaged in such a big protest. ;)

Well Cabaal you are obviously as thick and ignorant as you are biased and parochial. If you need to know and you obviously really need to know then I will tell you. I am working in the Netherlands. But the real point here is that there could be 1000 reasons why someone is posting here and not protesting. None of which would be any of your business. I suppose the 48000 other people who were protesting around the country have it in for Big Phil and are just anti FG also. You see Cabaal you can keep coming out with your lies and slurs all you want and try to moderate the forum on behalf of Kilkenny but your boy up there in Dail Eireann is so predictable and small minded that any right thinking person can see the wood from the trees. Just look at the evidence. FF after destroying the country are now the most popular party again. Nothing to do with Waterford paranoia! James Reilly and Phil Hogan are seen as everything that is wrong with FG.Again nothing to do with Waterford. And every media outlet in the land is saying what we have been saying on this forum for the last three years and more. This is REALITY. Its not about people 100% agreeing with me. I can post here and people can take it or leave it. Or the can watch you the moderator making a tit of himself by trying to portray facts as some sort of Waterford PR campaign. And all the smileys in the world can't disguise this for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

As I see it we are all in this together, we have far too many TD's, and councillors, and former minister's taking the population for a ride.
    There should be enough money to ensure that all three hospitals are centres of excellence, and that is what you should be championbing.
    This bitching about "Waterford and Kilkenny is a waste of good talent on both sides, I shudder when thinking of Wexford with Mick being able to vote.
    We need a radical change in the power basis of this country, has any banker gone to jail for their part ion the gigtantic swindle which is costing us very dearly.
    Come on shake hands and work together, no more name calling please, work for us and our children

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

This thread is starting to become more hassle than it's worth TBH,

I'm all for rational debate and I understand it's an emotive time at the moment but personal abuse or attacking the poster will lead to this thread being closed.

I suggest we all take a breath and try to tone it down from here,

Thanks folks and any questions/thoughts PM myself or one of the other MODS.

Advertisement