Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male Hair Care

• 27-01-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I am a typical clueless man who could do with getting his act together in this regard.

I'm in my 20's and still have loads of hair though it's fairly course, completely unmanageable and just seems to be thinning ever so slightly. I do have dry skin, and a dry scalp which may be the cause of this.

I tried a scalp massage on myself which was a terrible idea- I'll leave it to the eexperts, woke up with my pillow covered in hairs :(

I have midlength hair and use brylcreems strong hold gel everyday to spike everything up. I only wash my hair with water after excercise (maybe 2/3 times per week) and don't use a hair dryer as I have gotten it in my head that these practices will help my scalp from drying out.

Is there any special tips people have, should I try specific shampoos or conditioners? Is the strong hold gel bad for hair?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tbh, if you're not actually shampooing out the product, it could be the build-up of this that's flaking, and not actually your scalp. Any kind of strong-hold gels really need to be washed out on a regular basis; water alone isn't enough.

Get yourself a shampoo specifically designed for flaky scalps - T-Gel is good - and give your hair a good wash every other day at least. I wouldn't bother with conditioner unless your hair is below chin length, which I'm guessing it isn't.

A good cut might make all the difference to how manageable your hair is too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Agree with Honey Ec, you need to remove the product build up. There are lots of clarifying shampoos and conditioners on the market (Charles Worthington, Pantene) that work to remove the build up. I know some girls who use the no shampoo method mostly, but would use a clarifying every week or so for a good scrub. I wash my hair every 2-3 days and still find the clarifying products give my hair a lift.

Advertisement