Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most enjoyable age of a baby/ toddler

Options
  • 27-01-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

What do you think is the most enjoyable age of a baby/ toddler? Newborn age is absolutely lovely and when they start smiling :)
    Obviously every age is enjoyable but do ye think is the best age of a baby and the toughest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

In my own experience,once they start smiling and laughing.......and if i had to pick one of the two,it would have to be the laughing/chuckling,especially around the 6 month mark.
    Warms the heart.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My little girl is 13 months now and so far this is my favourite stage. She is starting to walk, has her own little personality and is just so playful. She is a joy to be around.
    Recently I met a friend who has a 7 week old and while they are tiny and cute, they are a bit boring at that age. I think from about 6 months on they are much more fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

So hard to decide. I think when they start talking was when we laughed the most at the things said. I am also looking forward to when she can drive me to the pub though. :) And everything along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

The 5/6 months is great. They develop their personality that age would be great only for the teething :-(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Definitely after they start talking and you get to know their personalities a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Son is 28 months. when he's not testing my patience, he's a hoot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Every year I think she's at the best stage but it passes and I like the next stage even better. So I think with my own kid, any and every age is better than the one before it. She's nearly 10 now.

With other peoples babies I like the 4-6 month phase where they are talking and gooing but are still small enough to leave them somewhere and they stay put. And if they are someone elses child then no sleepless nights!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

All the stages are great once they start sleeping!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Das Kitty wrote: »
    All the stages are great once they start sleeping!

Amen to that.

Am really enjoying this stage (13 months) with the walking and exploring and all the gabbering. I assume all stages are fun in their own way. We are lucky to have them.

Advertisement