Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to safely dispose of old Knives

Options
  • 27-01-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Howdy,
    Just invested in a new set of knives, how do you dispose of the old set?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

charity shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could check if your local recycling centre takes them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

In my family "safely disposing" of old knives/kitchenware/household goods (obviously just stuff that isn't completely wrecked though) is done by gifting it to other people in the family who might have just moved out for college/into a new house etc. who mightn't already have stuff. When I was a student I got most of my kitchen stuff that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Keep them, you can never have enough knives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Howdy,
    Going to keep the two larger knives but the handles are falling off the rest so don't think they will be of any use to anyone unfortunately :( Just want to make sure they disposed of safely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If the handles have fallen off I expect you can just put the metal in the green bin. They take glass in my green bin so I expect they are used to having sharp objects in them, if that was your worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am not really sure. I know when we changed our knives we gave them to a builder friend. He used to put them in the foundation of walls etc and pour cement on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Miaireland wrote: »
    I am not really sure. I know when we changed our knives we gave them to a builder friend. He used to put them in the foundation of walls etc and pour cement on them.

Were they murder weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

hardCopy wrote: »

:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

hardCopy wrote: »

Thanks for making me snort my tea on my ipad at 4am and waking the house actually laughing out loud...!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement