Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illustration portfolio advice

Options
  • 27-01-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I just applied to the Illustration course in Ballyfermot and am currently working on my portfolio. I'm currently in my final year studying English and History in Galway so I'm trying to juggle my coursework, final year projects, etc. and doing the portfolio at the same time and therefore I don't get a lot of time to work on it. See, I had been contemplating doing Illustration since last year, but only really decided to go for it a short while ago and as such I only started work on my portfolio a few weeks ago. I just wanted to check how many drawings would be enough for the portfolio? I know the website says something like 10-12? Is this enough or should I have more? I know having more would show that I'm dedicated and I have hundreds of other pieces I've done over the years, but because they were just personal work I'm not sure if they're of a high enough standard. My interview is on 14 March so I don't have a whole pile of time to get drawings done, but I'm spending pretty much every free minute I get working on them. Would say 10-12 high quality pieces be enough or will I need more? Any help would be appreciated!

Any other general hints/tips for what my portfolio should be like and what they want to see in the interview would be appreciated too! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 idoliketurtles

did you have your interview in the end? how'd it go. how many pieces did you end up having by chance? i was wondering about enrolling in the same course, they are still interviewing in may. any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Keelman91

Had my interview the same day as you Marty for the same course. I was accepted, hope it went well for you in the end anyways dude!(:

Advertisement