Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletroy isn't shaded as an urban area on google maps?

• 27-01-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Does anyone know why Castletroy isn't shaded as an urban area on google maps?It makes the city look way smaller than it actually is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It might be to do with Castletroy currently being outside the city limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

Castletroy seems to be the only part of the city that isn't shaded as an urban area and I thought places like Dooradoyle and Raheen are outside the city limits too but they are shaded as being urban?? Just noticed today when I was on Google maps that a big part of the city (Castletroy) was missing. Why is Castletroy not within the city limits when it's a natural expansion from the city centre? Would it be beneficial for the city if it was recognised as being part of Limerick city?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Why is Castletroy not within the city limits when it's a natural expansion from the city centre? Would it be beneficial for the city if it was recognised as being part of Limerick city?
    When the councils are amalgamated in 2014 castletroy will be brought into the city along with raheen and dooradoyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Castletroy seems to be the only part of the city that isn't shaded as an urban area and I thought places like Dooradoyle and Raheen are outside the city limits too but they are shaded as being urban?? Just noticed today when I was on Google maps that a big part of the city (Castletroy) was missing. Why is Castletroy not within the city limits when it's a natural expansion from the city centre? Would it be beneficial for the city if it was recognised as being part of Limerick city?

Ironic that this post is here, as I was looking at maps on google this morning and was wondering the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Thats not irony...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Contact Niall Collins TD for any google related queries

Advertisement