Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike carrier for small bikes

Options
  • 27-01-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi,

I was looking for some advice on what carriers people with small bikes use.

I have a Thule Xpress 970 carrier which fits fine with my 57cm road bike. However my girlfriends road bike is only 47cm and the bike will not fit on there. I tried buying a frame adapter but this was also to small.

I'v also tried a few other carriers from friends but my girlsfriends bikes will fit on none of them.

So, the question. What bike carriers do people with small bikes (47cm frame and smaller) use?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have used an Atera Strada DL with various bikes including three different sizes of kids Islabike, my wife's Pashley Princess and 48cm road bike, and various of my own 56-58cm road and cyclocross bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Hi Lumen,

Yeah I was thinking that kind of carrier will probably fix my problems. Probably what I will have to do.

Good to know it works with the smaller bikes though.

Advertisement