Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short Term Signing on Question

• 27-01-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Im finished my job at the end of March and im heading to Canada on the 8th of May. Just wondering can I claim the dole for them 5 weeks? The waiting list is 6 weeks so ill be gone before I even recieve it and I wont be here to sign on. Is there anyway I can claim for them 5 weeks or will I just have to leave it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

You can make a claim as soon as you're finished work as long as you are available, fit and actively looking for work. You would have to sign as normal until you go. You can sign off on line before you go and if the claim has not been sorted by then they can pay any arrears by cheque. You will need to ensure someone can access the post and lodge the cheque for you.
    You could also go to the community welfare officer in the meantime for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Thanks for the reply, do you know if that cheque is posted out or does someone have to collect it? Could I get girlfriend to collect it if it has to be collected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

It will be posted to the address you make the claim from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭thebiglad

The reason you left your previous job will be important, if you have resigned then there is a waiting period to be eligible for the Job Seekers Benefit.

As you are leaving the country in 5 weeks you are not seeking employment and so no entitlement anyhow - you will have lie on the application forms...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

thebiglad wrote: »
    The reason you left your previous job will be important, if you have resigned then there is a waiting period to be eligible for the Job Seekers Benefit.

As you are leaving the country in 5 weeks you are not seeking employment and so no entitlement anyhow - you will have lie on the application forms...

Yea ill just say nothing about emigrating. Im finished a 4 year contract at my current job so im being let go so that should be okay shouldnt it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement