Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In case you didn't know you're being ripped off...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

fritzelly wrote: »
    ...they tell you on the page.

http://surelifehealth.ie/philipsrq12replacementshavingheads-p-45624.html

Recommended price €54.99
    Their price €79.99

But it's ok since you're saving a fiver

Ordered from Korea for €48 delivered!

The same site has;
    60ml Bio Oil at €12.50
    and 125ml Bio Oil at €19.99.

My local pharmacy has;
    60ml Bio Oil at €9.99
    and 125ml Bio Oil at €19.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ordered from Korea for €48 delivered!

€48 + VAT + customs duty + admin fees

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Under the threshold so shouldn't have to pay anything. Maybe I'll be caught for vat but still cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Under the threshold so shouldn't have to pay anything. Maybe I'll be caught for vat but still cheaper.

How can you be certain that it's the genuine article and not some dodgy knock-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

ejmaztec wrote: »
    How can you be certain that it's the genuine article and not some dodgy knock-off?

The same international products are over there that are here. And just like here, business operates on the basis of reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

19543261 wrote: »
    The same international products are over there that are here. And just like here, business operates on the basis of reputation.

I use similar shaver heads, and remember warnings of far-eastern fakes doing the rounds. Reputation is the only thing to go on.

My opinion with the price of replacement shaver heads in general, here (and in the UK), is that it's probably cheaper to buy a new shaver, particularly with recent special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its over the vat threshold, under the duty threshold. Not sure if that's what you meant. Still is admin fees.
    19543261 wrote: »
    The same international products are over there that are here.
    Are you sure? I was reading articles of varying quality of some products depending on where they are sold.

The link has changed now BTW

€69.99
    MSRP Price: €74.99

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thats what I meant, have ordered stuff from Korea before and had no problems with them.
    As far as I know Phillips have manufacturing plants there, also a lot of pc electronics are made there - motherboards etc. It's not quite the same as ordering 'brand' goods from China...
    Must have been all the people clicking thru made them wondering why all the interest on that page...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I would venture that by buying what is essentially baby oil with some fancy claims attached for any price is being ripped off.

Advertisement