Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social care on a WHV

Options
  • 27-01-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

(girlfriend asked me to ask)

Hi folks,

Just wondering has anybody got any information on job options in oz with a higher national diploma in social care and a degree in social science been working in childcare for the past 5 years, and have been volunteering with a helpline for teenagers any one with any advice on jobs that I could look into before I go and how easy is it to get these type of jobs on a WHV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 minimo06

Hi I am a social care worker working in the residential disability area at home, I got work in Sydney in 2009 with a social work agency called pro care personnel (residential youth work). She should have no problem getting work in social care once she does the medical for her WHV.
    I was looking up jobs in 'social care' for ages but the agency that contacted me said I was classed as a social worker there!!
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

minimo06 wrote: »
    Hi I am a social care worker working in the residential disability area at home, I got work in Sydney in 2009 with a social work agency called pro care personnel (residential youth work). She should have no problem getting work in social care once she does the medical for her WHV.
    I was looking up jobs in 'social care' for ages but the agency that contacted me said I was classed as a social worker there!!
    Hope this helps :)

That's brilliant cheers is the medical just the chest x-ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 minimo06

I had to get a medical with a doctor that was on their list and then the x-ray, I'm not sure if just the x-ray will do, you might find more info on other WHV threads :o

Advertisement