Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic/Chat Thread?

Options
  • 27-01-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Mods & Boardsies,

Just wondering if anyone thought about/had any feedback on an off topic/chat thread like other forums on Boards?

Might be nice to have some chit chat between us horsey folk that doesn't get swallowed up in other threads.

And it's a handy way of chatting about horses or asking a very simple question without starting a new thread about it.

Or even just talking about what you did with your horse today, how it went or what you learned.

Just a thought - what do you guys think? Mods, is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

We used to have an off-topic chat thread, but it didn't get much traffic, so we unstickied it. We're not supposed to have too many stickied threads in the forum, but if there's sufficient demand for a chat thread, we can look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

convert wrote: »
    We used to have an off-topic chat thread, but it didn't get much traffic, so we unstickied it. We're not supposed to have too many stickied threads in the forum, but if there's sufficient demand for a chat thread, we can look at it.

I thought there was one alright! It's a much smaller community on here than say The Gentleman's Club or The Ladies Lounge, so I can see why it wouldn't get a lot of traffic.

Forum seems to be busier though these days so maybe we could trial it, even as a test and see how it goes?

I await everyone else's feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It would be interesting but I don't think there would be much chatter on it. I know that I, for one, only really log in to reply to something or if I need to ask something. The rest of the time, I've only really time to browse.

I've been here a few years now, there's never really been a huge amount of traffic on this forum but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

sup_dude wrote: »
    It would be interesting but I don't think there would be much chatter on it. I know that I, for one, only really log in to reply to something or if I need to ask something. The rest of the time, I've only really time to browse.

I've been here a few years now, there's never really been a huge amount of traffic on this forum but you never know!

That's a very fair point. It is more of a question and answer community here, so maybe we can just chat away on the existing threads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭fat and slow

trek and lunch for two people for 40euro at slieve aughty farm near loughrea available on groupon today http://www.groupon.ie/ their organic food looks delicious.

Also if you become a friend of slieve augthy farm for 50 euro you get 3 lessons or treks for free. (thats 16 euro per lesson even better value than the group on deal) but buy the deal anyway cause you get to check the place out and see if you like it.

thanks ah yeah, the off topic thread is a good idea

• Advertisement
Advertisement