Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere I can access dissertation examples to get a feel for what I'm doing

Options
  • 27-01-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm about to get stuck into my final year dissertation and I'm just wondering if there's anywhere online that I can see samples of dissertations in any subject at all.

I just want to get a feel for what a dissertation should look like (as opposed to a standard report/essay) I know it's an academic paper etc and the criteria and expectations but for me once I read through a couple of examples I'll know exactly what type of paper it is - what the feel of it should be in terms of an academic writing.

Does anyone know of a resource where I could read through a few examples?

Thanks
    DrF ;-)

(Ps. Mods if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Libraries in the university hold copies.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Libraries in the university hold copies.

Thanks Mango Salsa I'll check with them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Or your uni department may let you sign out copies in their offices.

Advertisement