Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wilde bar - what is it like?

Options
  • 27-01-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Hey ive seen the Wilde bar on Wicklow street. http://wildevenue.com/
    Anyone have any experience with it? I heard it was a gay bar but it doesn't look like it on their vague and annoying website

Would you recommend it as a place for a date? is it expensive? can you book a table for 2 or are you only allowed book a room? i'll probably pop in later in the week and try and get some info from a staff member

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't know if it's a gay bar, but a drag hostess might indicate it is.

I'd say it's a loud music place. Most places with websites are.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its ceasing to be a gay venue as of tonight, officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

it definitely WAS a gay bar, which was closing down, rumour had it it might re-open as a regular bar. but website/ facebook everything is gone... i suspect it has closed.

TBH gay or not it wouldnt be a great spot for a date, seating is a bit all over the place, and if you were there at 9pm on a week night chances are you'd be the only people in the place, usually a few heads arrive before 10 as they start charging at 10pm on wkds.
    Either way i reckon its closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It was still open around Halloween when a few mates dragged me there. And it was still a gay bar.

I wouldn't recommend it for a date, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It's closed down for now, supposedly it is re-branding and will re-open on 10th February, but it's not really a good place for a date. Too noisy.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

You can hear the music they play from the street and it's rubbish. No excuse as Tower Records is only next door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What a guady website. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Wilde has the same owners as the Dublin Wagamamas, Captain Americas, Workmans Club, Garage Bar and a few other places.

I've no doubt that it'll just rebrand and reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

oh thanks for the info.
    Thought it would be something a bit different/novel rather than the usual date of cinema, drink or dinner....

• Advertisement
Advertisement