Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coachella 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, I disabled me antivirus and ad-blocker. Seems to be working fairly smooth in 720P for me now.

It soon coming to the time where I'm gunna have to decide if I'm going to wait up for the later acts or not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Johnny Marr, killing it. Even if the singing is less good when you can hear it through the desk, the guitar playing is even better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

It soon coming to the time where I'm gunna have to decide if I'm going to wait up for the later acts or not :pac:

I could be wrong on this, but I think they repeat the stream the next day. I'm sure they did last year anyways.

I could be wrong on this, but I think they repeat the stream the next day. I'm sure they did last year anyways.

Thanks, looks like it will be bed for me so. Was gunna stay up to catch a bit of Modest Mouse, but sleeps calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

You must be absolutely scorched :P

You have no idea how jealous I am.

I'm still in New Mexico - going next weekend. Via Tombstone,AZ (this time) for the inner cowboy, oh and that crazy airplane scrap yard.

More jealous now? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Sweet Jesus, Metric were amazing! definitely best so far.

Sweet Jesus, Metric were amazing! definitely best so far.

Amazing might be a stretch, but there was a bit of head nodding going on as I was listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭sausagehead

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Justin Vernon's side project Shouting Matches on now... not too bad...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Biffy on now

• Advertisement

Biffy on now

Set cut short?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Set cut short?

Yea , When they came on stage they did say sorry for the delay (dont no what the delay was)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

been good to watch so far.

if only we had sun here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sunday is replaying now for the rest of the day.

Dinosaur Jr. Ah, takes me back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yea , When they came on stage they did say sorry for the delay (dont no what the delay was)

That was odd... they started on the dot of the timetabled time on YouTube like, compared to other bands who started their soundchecks at YouTube's timetabled time. I don't think they were expecting to be pulled of though which makes it even more odd.

I discovered 3 bands through it this year, so I'm pretty happy. Alt-J, Shouting Matches and Cloud Nothings. Could also count Passion Pit, but that was more of a "Oh, those songs are by them?" kind of discover as opposed to "Wow, never heard these guys before" one.

One disappointment for me was Dropkick Murphys. Thought they were really poor. Set marred by technical issues and I dunno, they just didn't seem into it at all. First time seeing a live performance of theirs though, so maybe that's just the way they are.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    One disappointment for me was Dropkick Murphys. Thought they were really poor. Set marred by technical issues and I dunno, they just didn't seem into it at all. First time seeing a live performance of theirs though, so maybe that's just the way they are.

Overrated tbh. A weaker version of the Pogues for Americans who got there too late to the party. Meh.

Ah, the memories. I was super-excited about the super-fun Chelsea Clintons...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

wnolan1992 wrote: »

MadsL wrote: »
    Overrated tbh. A weaker version of the Pogues for Americans who got there too late to the party. Meh.

I'm a big DKM fan, been to there last 6 Irish shows, i seen the Coachella set and yes, it was poor, but they're really not a Coachella ban, they played in the middle of the day in blazing heat to a VERY small crowd by the looks of things.

Get 'em in a small hot and sweaty venue wit there own fans and it's a totally different ballgame, an amazing live act

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm a big DKM fan, been to there last 6 Irish shows, i seen the Coachella set and yes, it was poor, but they're really not a Coachella ban, they played in the middle of the day in blazing heat to a VERY small crowd by the looks of things.

Get 'em in a small hot and sweaty venue wit there own fans and it's a totally different ballgame, an amazing live act

This.

The stupidity of putting bands like the Violent Femmes on the mainstage (rightly so) at 5pm (stupidly so) - when you have smaller bands playing in covered stages at the same time.

Coachella should designate Gobi or Mohave as the "daytime mainstage" out of respect for these bands and their fans.

That and get more fecking watertrucks to keep the dust down - I saw one OUTSIDE the festival on Thursday and Monday watering the ROAD. Meanwhile I have dust pneumonia. Grrrr.

• Advertisement
Advertisement