Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellyful of an architect.

Options
  • 27-01-2013 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

14941_388614211234800_123743024_n.jpg
    From todays Sunday World, sorry I couldn't find it all but you get the idea.

I mean really, why has this man never been charged with extortion? he even once objected to a shopping development in Dublin. What possible concern could that be of his? If he is really that concerned about 'the built environment' in Longford then where was he when Gleann Riada was going through the planning process?

Is he simply nothing more than a professional objector?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Err, Scotsman in kilt? I wonder if any other group of people wear somthing similar to a kilt? Like 50% of people...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

Hardly much of a Sunday world exclusive when local media have been reporting on this guy for years especially with a view to the cathedral restoration project. And indeed, ask anyone who keeps an eye on the planning section - vetruvicus hibernicus is a well known entity there. I'd say its a bit insensitive to delay the project like this when it means so much to so many around the town to be able to celebrate such big milestones in their lives in their own cathedral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

Pottler wrote: »
    Err, Scotsman in kilt? I wonder if any other group of people wear somthing similar to a kilt? Like 50% of people...

Maybe hes more concerned about a Scotchman's ladd getting tangled in the lift apparatus or something, ladies on the other hand who'd go commando aren't necessarily gonna have that issue.

Unless they're from Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

_Lady_ wrote: »
    Hardly much of a Sunday world exclusive when local media have been reporting on this guy for years especially with a view to the cathedral restoration project. And indeed, ask anyone who keeps an eye on the planning section - vetruvicus hibernicus is a well known entity there. I'd say its a bit insensitive to delay the project like this when it means so much to so many around the town to be able to celebrate such big milestones in their lives in their own cathedral.

what about na fianna, and the children of lir branch of the longford town supporters club, or whatever other ridiculous names he has used in the past with regard to planning objections.

i wonder if he even remembers the last time he was in the cathedral..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

what about na fianna, and the children of lir branch of the longford town supporters club, or whatever other ridiculous names he has used in the past with regard to planning objections.

i wonder if he even remembers the last time he was in the cathedral..[/QUOTE]
    :confused: Sounds a little like 'I bet he isnt even a good caatlick!!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

:confused: Sounds a little like 'I bet he isnt even a good caatlick!!!!!"

thought he was a commited atheist!

more an off the cuff remark on how he seems to have such an interest in so many planning applications that.. well... why the fcuk is he bothered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I mean really, why has this man never been charged with extortion? he even once objected to a shopping development in Dublin. What possible concern could that be of his? If he is really that concerned about 'the built environment' in Longford then where was he when Gleann Riada was going through the planning process?

Is he simply nothing more than a professional objector?

Just read that there about the Dublin, he seems fairly fond of complaining alright, from coming from a similar background, I can tell he's the type to object to every idea put forward, just because he doesn't like it, if he worked in a practice he'd be the pain in everyone's arse so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

he likes publicity its his high difficult childhood rejection by
    his associates, oh i could have done much more, Failure usually leads to
    random attacks against organizations that threaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

.... or maybe he's hoping for a brown envelope to shut up?

Advertisement