Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going self-employed

• 27-01-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone,

I am currently on Jobseekers Allowance, but I started getting some freelance jobs as a camera operator.

I did my first job 2 weeks ago and given out an invoice for 140 euro.

How long do I have to register with the Tax Office?

Can I earn up to some amount without registering, just invoicing with my PPS number?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

If you are self employed you should register as such immediately. I'm not sure what the story is with income earned while claiming JSA, maybe check that with your local office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Hi everyone,

I am currently on Jobseekers Allowance, but I started getting some freelance jobs as a camera operator.

I did my first job 2 weeks ago and given out an invoice for 140 euro.

How long do I have to register with the Tax Office?

Can I earn up to some amount without registering, just invoicing with my PPS number?

Thank you!

You might be allowed to keep your social welfare payments for a period of time if you register as self employed. I'm not up to date on it but any advice from somebody that knows would be helpful.

Advertisement