Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on issue with vga out on server

Options
  • 28-01-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I'm setting up a 6850 dell server with a remote access controller card. When I boot it I get no video on any of the three vga ports (one on the front, one on the back and one of the rac)

The RAC is a PCI card (PCI-X I think) and should disable the other vga ports when installed. I have another identical server and it works correctly.

When the monitor is connected it goes into power saving mode. If I disconnect the monitor it comes on again.

I have tried reseating everything, resetting the nvram but still no luck. Does anybody know what I could try next?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Is DRAC setup on this server?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Or try pulling out the RAC and any other peripheral video card, one at a time.
    And try the onboard vga on its own

Advertisement