Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stick with vodafone for upgrade or sim free.

Options
  • 28-01-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I am currently with vodafone bill pay with an old phone and am well due an upgrade. I have finally bit the bullet and have decided i might as well step up to a smartphone. I won't be using the internet that much, just for sports results and a few bets maybe. Calls and texting are my usual uses and this usually costs about 40euro a month.
    What phone would be a good start for a novice user, a good basic reliable model is what I am after. Budget in region of 200euro and I would'nt like my monthly bill to exceed 40euro.
    Should I stick with vodafone for upgrade or buy sim free and sign up with tesco for around 25euro a month. There is a lot of jargon and options out there and i am struggling/confused with the whole thing. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Have you checked with Vodafone what phone you could get from them for free or cheap on an upgrade? You can do it on line. You will be locked into a new 12 or 18 mth contract but it could work out cheaper than changing provider.

Advertisement