Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tutorials in Week 1???

Options
  • 28-01-2013 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

I have a lecture at 11 tomorrow morning, and two tutorials at 12 and 2. My first tutorial is for the same module as the lecture, so I can just ask the lecturer if they are on, but the other is for an entirely different module, so I won't be able to find out for sure. It seems a bit unlikely having a tutorial before the lecture, so I was thinking I might head home after my lecture, instead of hanging around for hours (my car's exhaust is busted so I need to get a lift, hence the problem :p ).

Do first year tutorials for semester 2 generally begin in week 1 (no labs, just tutorials), or does it depend on the lecturer? Need to designate a time to be collected. I'm doing English and History, by the way, if that's any help. :p

Cheers in advance. \m/(>.<)\m/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I have a lecture at 11 tomorrow morning, and two tutorials at 12 and 2. My first tutorial is for the same module as the lecture, so I can just ask the lecturer if they are on, but the other is for an entirely different module, so I won't be able to find out for sure. It seems a bit unlikely having a tutorial before the lecture, so I was thinking I might head home after my lecture, instead of hanging around for hours (my car's exhaust is busted so I need to get a lift, hence the problem :p ).

Do first year tutorials for semester 2 generally begin in week 1 (no labs, just tutorials) or does it depend on the lecturer? Need to designate a time to be collected. I'm doing English and History, by the way, if that's of any help. :p

Cheers in advance. \m/(>.<)\m/

Depends on the lecture but as its a first year module more then likely it won't be on

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Jester252 wrote: »
    Depends on the lecture but as its a first year module more then likely it won't be on

Cheers, thanks. :D Might skip it then, and if it was on, I'll just make it up some other time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

No matter what year you're in, most labs and tutorials don't start til week 3, sometimes week 2 depending on the lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Really does depend on the lecturer. Its unusual to have them in week 1 but not unheard of.
    What are the modules?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I had a physics lab and tutorial this week.Joe Meehan wastes no time getting us back into the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Joe Meehan is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The only reason we didn't have labs and tutes this week was that our first lecture wasn't until Tuesday and half the tutes were on Monday. Lecturer seemed a bit disappointed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

One of my lectures my Tutorials don't start til W6,
    Spent rest of lecture beaming.. :P
    I must really learn the names of my new modules...
    Calling it the "Gender Inequality Sexism Thing" doesn't give off right impression...
    That's the W6 Tut Module btw,
    Holds some relevance... :P

Advertisement