Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountjoy/Upper Gardiner street electricity off.

Options
  • 28-01-2013 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so today at around 8 PM the electricity turned off for whole mountjoy square/park area and upper gardiner street. Literally no traffic lights, no lamp posts, no lights in apartments. The only lights and appliances that were working were some (not all) hall lights which I assume are on some kind of reserve power and pretty much every alarm there exists (it was mad). It almost felt like end of the world is coming :D

Any ideas what happened? (gladly I was able to take my car from parking lot (gate was half way closed stuck) so I drove to the powered part of city :D )

But still it's bit weird for me to see something like electricity disapearing in such area close to city center?

Advertisement