Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly/stupid things you've done!

• 28-01-2013 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

This evening I was opening a tub of butter, and I somehow unknowingly managed to crack the fecking tub! :o:rolleyes: Have never seen a cracked tub of butter in my life like, it would take me to do something like that of course! :D A plastic tub sitting in the fridge now and a big crack down the side of it! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I dove head first into a bunch of nettles while trying to hide from friends :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Itzy wrote: »
    I dove head first into a bunch of nettles while trying to hide from friends :P
    This reminds me of one time in school when I was doing some sort of a catch and kick competition, and in an attempt to stop the ball hitting the ground I dove to catch it, right into a big patch of nettles. I managed to hold onto the ball though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Speaking of butter, a few weeks ago after making a sandwich, I put the tub of butter in the sink and the knife I'd used in the fridge. I didn't realise for ages until my mam shouts up at me, "Why did you put the butter in the sink?!" :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Or putting the milk in the press after making tea :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm constantly throwing spoons in the bin after having yoghurt.. :o

• Advertisement

Ha, don't know how many times I've done that. I was getting tea in work and threw it in the bin by accident :P

There was also a day there a few weeks back where I walked around for the entire day with my jumper on backwards. I felt like a right eejit when I realised. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Earlier tonight, I went looking for my phone- while being on the phone.

^ I've done that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

On Friday evening, I took out the toaster and plugged it in so I could iron my trousers, I didn't realise what I had done until I came back down to the kitchen with my trousers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

back home my room had a toilet and that's where I kept my washing basket, it was just in under the sink. one night, I came along and instead of turning left to put my socks in the washing basket, I turned right and dropped them into the toilet. :o never felt such a wally.

Earlier tonight, I went looking for my phone- while being on the phone.

Or wandering around the house looking for my glasses and they were on my head.

I do this on a daily basis.

Irons shirts- dumps on chair after ironing- looks at shirts- can't decide if ironed already- irons again. :o

A friend told me she was going to make spaghetti bolognese and I asked, "Are you going to use the long pasta?" Her response, "You mean...spaghetti...?" *face palm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Irons shirts- dumps on chair after ironing- looks at shirts- can't decide if ironed already- irons again. :o

Haha I do this too, if ironing jeans or trousers I can't even remember back to a second ago which leg/side I ironed and usually just iron them again! :o:D

Or if washing 2/3 loads of clothes together, *queue the whole floor full of clothes* so much for manageable piles! I'd nearly take out one load out of the machine and looking around the place in total confusion that I've caused, end up putting the same bundle back in again until I realize what I'm at! :rolleyes:

Oh! I just remembered a really good one! It was a fair few years ago at this stage. I was walking to school, I felt a bit uncomfortable, I couldn't put my finger on why though, until I arrived at school, it hit me, I FORGOT TO PUT ON UNDERWEAR! How does one forget that?! I had to race back home to get some! After all these years I'm still amazed by that one myself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 B 12

I keep walking into kitchen switching on the heating, go upstairs walk back down and switch it off again, several times in a row.

One time I searched my entire room for a pen.. With a pen in my hand.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Walked the 10 minute walk to school wearing 1 shiny black shoe and 1 bright red adidas runner. Still not entirely sure how

• Advertisement

Searching for my glasses while they're on my face.

Asking where my phone is while on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 B 12

Chinpool wrote: »
    Walked the 10 minute walk to school wearing 1 shiny black shoe and 1 bright red adidas runner. Still not entirely sure how

Done that going to work and no one told me till tea time :o, they still slag me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyril peter

when i was about 15 i got a job in a supermarket, one day the manager asked me to put a certain brand of tea into the dump.
    my mother had always said that this particular brand of tea was terrible, so i thought he meant throw this pallet of tea into the skip.
    this i did with gusto tearing up the packets and making sure i destroyed the lot.
    about an hour later the manager asked me where is the tea, i asked you to put in the dump, so i said its in the skip.
    he started to scratch his head furiously, and said "you put it where".
    so i repeated it again, so i decided to show him, when he saw what i did, and it started to dawn on me maybe i made a mistake, i thought i'm sacked for sure.
    but no he didn't sack me, he just walked off scratching his head again, to this day i cringe with embarrassment.
    the dump he meant was a set of bins at the front of the shop for special offers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What did he mean by "put it in the dump"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyril peter

special offer bins

when i was about 15 i got a job in a supermarket, one day the manager asked me to put a certain brand of tea into the dump.
    my mother had always said that this particular brand of tea was terrible, so i thought he meant throw this pallet of tea into the skip.
    this i did with gusto tearing up the packets and making sure i destroyed the lot.
    about an hour later the manager asked me where is the tea, i asked you to put in the dump, so i said its in the skip.
    he started to scratch his head furiously, and said "you put it where".
    so i repeated it again, so i decided to show him, when he saw what i did, and it started to dawn on me maybe i made a mistake, i thought i'm sacked for sure.
    but no he didn't sack me, he just walked off scratching his head again, to this day i cringe with embarrassment.
    the dump he meant was a set of bins at the front of the shop for special offers.

LOL. I'd probably have done the same back in the day. I don't think any company could sack you for carrying out those orders- you certainly did it with gusto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Got one of those debobbler things that shaves the bobbles off your clothes and jumpers. Was sitting running it over a pair of gloves for about ten minutes till i got to a patch that wouldnt come off. Turns out the cap was still on it and i was just pressing the stuff down :/ Felt like a right spare biscuit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Out at home for dinner. Quick trip to the bathroom to have a pee and give the hands a good scrub before sitting down to the meal.

Deep in thought about whatever is going through my mind at the time, I suddenly realise that I am inexplicably brushing my teeth. I don't even have a toothbrush in my home house anymore. :eek:

Advertisement