Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Create PC Copy of DVD

Options
  • 28-01-2013 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I know similar problems have come up in the past but my dad wants to rip a DVD to his PC - he's pretty good PC-wise as long as its kept understandable. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best/easiest way for him to do this?

The details:
    He's got Win 7 software and also VLC installed so ISO's and MKV's etc aren't a problem. There's no worries with installing free software either as long as its pretty user friendly... ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Try http://www.imgburn.com/

Not sure if you can copy bought DVD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Handbrake would appear to be the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

DVDFab HD Decrypter (lite version of DVDFab, free)

With VLC use Open Media > Open Folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fixer Upper

Thanks folks, I'll take a look... :D

Its a local DVD so no worries with copyright etc. but even better if it can deal with everything if you know what I mean... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fixer Upper

I've given imgburn a go and its very easy to use alright :D When using a copyright dvd it gives a message that it may not work but copied out with no errors in the end, not that I would illegally copying dvd's course.... :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement