Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

• 28-01-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

I found this beautiful woof in Bray yesterday- no chip or tag. The vet confirmed he was probably dumped :(

549877_10151645577404918_14059250_n.jpg

Thankfully the good people at Ash have booked him into their rescue for this Sunday! The only thing is I have no where to keep him until then, he's currently out in my yard in the rain- there's little to no shelter out there and the poor thing is just crying. I can't have him in the house because my dog and cat (both rescues) are terrified of big dogs and my house is no bigger than a studio apartment so there's not even a separate room for me to keep him in.

Can anyone help me and foster "Dexter" until Sunday?? I really need help, even if someone can only take him for a night or two. I want this dog to get the very best chance at life and he'll get that with Ash. Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Aw poor dog. Can the rescue not organise emergency foster for the few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

It doesn't really matter what the vet feels, you don't know for sure that the dog has been dumped. Have you contacted the gardai and the dog warden? In an ideal world dogs would be chipped, but just because a dog isn't, doesn't mean it doesn't have a loving family, dogs can escape from even the best homes. someone could be looking for this dog. Also, chips move, and aren't always found in an initial scan, I've had quite a few dogs into me from pounds that have been scanned, no chip found, then my vet has found one after a really good scan.

I can't really see from that photo, but he looks in good condition, please notify the proper authorities, just in case someone is looking for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Aw poor dog. Can the rescue not organise emergency foster for the few days?

They said their fosters are completely booked, the only reason he's gotten in to the rescue is because a dog is booked to go out.
    ISDW wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what the vet feels, you don't know for sure that the dog has been dumped. Have you contacted the gardai and the dog warden? In an ideal world dogs would be chipped, but just because a dog isn't, doesn't mean it doesn't have a loving family, dogs can escape from even the best homes. someone could be looking for this dog. Also, chips move, and aren't always found in an initial scan, I've had quite a few dogs into me from pounds that have been scanned, no chip found, then my vet has found one after a really good scan.

I can't really see from that photo, but he looks in good condition, please notify the proper authorities, just in case someone is looking for him.

The area I live is is very well known for dumping animals- mine and the boyfriends dogs were ex-dumped dogs we found and couldn't find owners for. Well used to it at this stage! Always around this time of year too.
    His coat is very knotted right to the skin, he's very skinny for a dog his size and nervous around people (loves dogs) and scared of cars. He also shys away when you try pet him, like he's been hit before :(
    When I found him I walked around with him for over an hour talking to talk walkers in the are to see if anyone knew him. Did the same today. I've called his details in to every vet in the area as well as the gardai and pound. I've also left my number in the local pet shops in case someone knows him. I've also got his picture shared on all the dog rescues I know of local and further away in case someone recognises him. His photo is also up on all the lost dogs sites I know. If there's an owner out there I'll find them! :)

A foster has been found thankfully!

And said foster called me this morning and said she can't mind him like planned. So I'm back to looking for a foster. If anyone can help please let me know!
    This beautiful boy is so nervous and scared after what he's been through, he just needs somewhere safe to stay until he can get into his place in the rescue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement