Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Score Competition Round #1 Carnival

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks to all who entered. Final results are...

1. 33800 urbanledge
    2. 15290 sengoku
    3. 10240 brianon
    4. 7900 eddhorse
    5. 6500 dr bob

Congrats to urbanledge. Well played :)

Just an fyi. The folks over on BYOAC did a Carnival high score comp.
    Rick6668 45,000
    Kixfan 36,480
    Dancawar 32,290
    Gray_Area ~18,000
    Danny_Galaga 18,380
    Badmouth ~13,000
    Ninjasquirrel ~10,000
    Mimic ~8,000
    Secret80sman ~7,000

urbanledge. You would of made us proud ;)

I've decided that the points will be allocated as follows. 1st=5, 2nd=3, 3rd=2, all others=1. Should keep things close.

So that gives us after week one.
    Rank
    1. urbanledge (5)
    2. sengoku (3)
    3. brianon (2)
    4. eddhorse (1)
    5. dr bob (1)

And the next game will be....*fanfare in my head* .... Donkey Kong :eek:

I'll post a thread in next few minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

brianon wrote: »
    Oh and I think we will bring the closing date for this one back a week to this Sunday the 3rd.
    ah crap , just saw this now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ah crap , just saw this now!

We still got 1 point each !

Carnival was super hard,
    I dont think I'll go back to it!
    Glad to see donkey kong is up!
    Ive a confession to make!I was walking home last night after the super bowl (fairly pissed).I was with the missus a mate that lives nearby.
    He suggested we stop into mine for some whisky and a game of donkey kong!
    so we did.The missus went to bed and we fired up the cab and cracked open a bottle.
    next thing we know its 8am and were totally ****faced!
    We were mad for it.I got to 28900 points but that was a struggle.I got passed the first elevator stage too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fair play! It's a **** hard game. We did Donkey Kong as part of a similar challenge here before a year or so ago and I was awful at it :(

On a similar note, last night my girlfriends brother was around for the evening. Many drinks were had and we decided to play through Alien Versus Predator on my cab. I'd forgotten how long it was - could barely see the screen by the end! :D

Great fun though.

Advertisement