Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub showing GAA in Galway, Saturday 2nd February

Options
  • 28-01-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,
    Diehard Lilywhites fan here. I've to be in Galway city this Saturday and have to miss our NFL game against Donegal!
    Was just inquiring as to which pubs in and around Galway City Centre would be showing the game. It's at 5pm, which means it clashes with the England rugby match and also the Man Utd-Fulham game in the Premier League. What pubs would have sufficient numbers of TVs so that the GAA would be shown??
    Thanks a million in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

Fagans under the Meyrick in Eyre Square has lots of screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Fagans your best bet. They can show up to three events at the same time and are usually happy to stick something on in a corner for you if there are bigger games at the same time. On the downside the pints in there aren't up to much in my experience and are very dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 murrays07

Thanks for the responses. Might try Fagans. Have drank there before and didnt think the pints were too bad...I'm sure they'll taste just fine if we win the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

the skeff in eyre square also have multiple screens and show a few different matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

pdiddy wrote: »
    the skeff in eyre square also have multiple screens and show a few different matches
    They'd only be showing the rugby and soccer if they're clashing unfortunately. Fagans is probably your best option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fibber Magees on the square not far from Fagans could also be an option, multiple screens including upstairs - they show motorsports for me if i ask even during soccer and rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Monroes will likely be showing it in one of the rooms. Be prepared for a bit of a slagging though as the Donegal people will defiantly be in the majority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement