Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Who: Quadrophenia in Dublin and Belfast

Options
  • 28-01-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭

The Who perform Quadrophenia in its entirety, with a "selection of Who classics".
    Dublin 02, Saturday, 8th June and Belfast Odyssey, Monday, 10th June.
    Tickets for both shows on sale this Friday, 1st February.

From the Odyssey mailing list: "THE WHO, one of rock's legendary and defining bands, has announced an Irish and UK arena tour where they'll perform their iconic 1973 double album QUADROPHENIA in its entirety, along with a selection of WHO classics. 10-date Ireland and UK tour features founding members ROGER DALTREY and PETE TOWNSHEND, who will be joined by Zak Starkey (drums), Pino Palladino (bass), Simon Townshend (guitar/backing vocals), John Corey (keyboards), Loren Gold (keyboards/backing vocals) and Frank Simes (musical director, keyboards/backing vocals)".

The US shows got phenomenal reviews, so these are bound to sell like jellied eels to Mods.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

10 date?!

ah nevermind, 10 dates include the uk tour.

I read, 10 day ireland and then a UK tour. wishful thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Dublin tickets starting from €81. Eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Dublin tickets starting from €81. Eh.

Ouch .... think I'll be giving this a miss ...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

The Who will be UNREAL at The O2.. 81euro is a bit much .. Rip Off Republic is alive and well ( i,ll still go though!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Was at Daltrey's gig when he played Tommy so not a hope of missing this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Ticketmaster.ie shows tickets from €69.50 - €89.50.

Would love to see them but when you factor in TM fee's its sure is pricey.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster.ie shows tickets from €69.50 - €89.50.

Would love to see them but when you factor in TM fee's its sure is pricey.

Yea it seems they changed the prices . If i do go ill just try for the cheapest seats

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Was at Daltrey's gig when he played Tommy so not a hope of missing this!!

I loved His Johnny Cash Tribute at that gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sabbath bloody sabbath

Seated tickets 96 Euro :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Seated tickets 96 Euro :eek:

Is it a fully seated gig do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭fungie

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Is it a fully seated gig do you know?

I think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

really want to see them but 96 quid is a joke

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Vintage Trouble are the support

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

fyi, seated tickets are €70 to €90 (plus the usual ticketmaster fee if you buy online). I ended up getting the €90 ones, figure it'll probs be the last time they play, or close to it so might as well go all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

96 is ridiculous but it might be the last chance to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I had a look (the other day, using a presale code) at where the different priced seats were.
    The €70 tickets were on the upper tier on the 2 outer blocks (Shíte seats)
    The €80 tickets were on the upper tier on the 2nd block in from the edge (Shíte seats)
    With the €90 (€96 with booking fee) seats, everywhere else!!!!

I wonder if that's how the general sale seats were too?

I had a look (the other day, using a presale code) at where the different priced seats were.
    The €70 tickets were on the upper tier on the 2 outer blocks (Shíte seats)
    The €80 tickets were on the upper tier on the 2nd block in from the edge (Shíte seats)
    With the €90 (€96 with booking fee) seats, everywhere else!!!!

I wonder if that's how the general sale seats were too?

I think so, I originally asked for €80 tickets but they gave me block P, so said fúck it, ill try best available and pay the extra tenner and I got block E, 13th row which is infinitely better and in my eyes anyway, worth the extra tenner for a band who most certainly won't be around much longer.

Still, a lot more reasonable than the £400 the rolling stones were asking for their London show :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Why all seated? rock concert should have some standing section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Why all seated? rock concert should have some standing section.

because of all the old people going to see 1/2 the who

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

because of all the old people going to see 1/2 the who

There will be plenty of young people there aswell ... and as for 1/2 the who comment :rolleyes: better than half the crap around these days..

• Advertisement

skaface wrote: »
    There will be plenty of young people there aswell ... and as for 1/2 the who comment :rolleyes: better than half the crap around these days..

+1, I'm in my mid-twenties and love the Who and will be there, would prefer to stand but what can ya do and half the Who is better then no Who, it'd be easier to complain if the other half were alive :p

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Got tickets for this too. I went for the most expensive ones, Even though most blocks seems to be the most expensive which crazy tbh. 1st row and very back row all €90. But anyways the show will be great. Daltrey is sounding great this tour. And it'll be great to see Townshend back again after missing him from the Tommy tour. There will be loads of younf people there I'd say. First time I seen them I was 16. Quad is one of my favourite albums too. A great little documentary about the album made last year, well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

CiaranK wrote: »

That really is a fantastic documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Getting close now, Really looking forward to this. Listening to the 5.1 surround mix of some songs from the directors cut boxset out last year, it sounds fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I have great seats in the 3rd Row of the flat seats if anyone wants them? Cant go now I will be away that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

wacotaco wrote: »
    I have great seats in the 3rd Row of the flat seats if anyone wants them? Cant go now I will be away that weekend.

i'd take them if still available.

also...looking for a ticket for a mate that wont be too far from the stage....anywhere to middle of the floor really.

ticketmaster tickets are sending him right up in the crows nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Does anyone know what time the Who come on and what time they finish?

ok...so i bought 2 tickets last night from a previous poster on this thread...row 3 seats 63 / 64 (pete townshends side of the stage)

i only needed 1 ticket but got these 2 as i didnt want to take the chance not getting floor seating tickets if i waited.

sods law...today...on a who forum theres 1 ticket at face value available.

so....i will resell these two for what i paid (191.20) - providing that the other one listed on the forum is stall available.

thanks

doug (sligo)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

• Advertisement

apologies.

but there was others in this thread posting about tickets.

Advertisement