Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Who: Quadrophenia in Dublin and Belfast

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Excellent gig......great to see guys of their age still so passionate about the music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

It wasn't as loud as i had expected from these guys.... Must say though it was an absolutely amazing gig though.

One to remember always

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Manc-Red wrote: »
    It wasn't as loud as i had expected from these guys.... Must say though it was an absolutely amazing gig though.

One to remember always

Would have been louder if Entwistle was there(in the flesh),playing Bass like only he could :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Legion wrote: »
    Would have been louder if Entwistle was there(in the flesh),playing Bass like only he could :)
    Damn sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

Legion wrote: »

thats true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Terrified that this might be the last stand for the lads. Taking no chances after Saturday night, just booked a ticket for Wembley on July 8th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Great concert but what was pete saying about Dublin being a kind of practice for the rest of the tour and were people booing when he said that, I think people booed near me in block d but was it all over the arena?

Dublin is famously the 'soundcheck' for bands starting European tours. It's pure geography in reverse. If they had sense theyd finish here, and thus be closer to home, be it UK or US.

Just how it is sadly.

All we could hear in the 'cheap seats' was the brass section. Pete roger and particularly drums, were barely audible. Venue design flaw. Nothing any soundman could have done

But i sat there with tears streaming down my face for the first 5 songs of quadrophenia(and again during baba o Riley)

Such a magic powerful moving set of songs and incredible to see the standing ovation for The Ox's incredible bass solo from heaven:) that was a highlight. I can't even remember what song it was and I don't care. It was beyond powerful.

So brilliant. Long may they continue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Slightly off topic, and perhaps a lot of you have seen it, but in case some haven't, these guys are carrying in the who's torch. Daltrey once told me, 'that kid plays our songs better than we do'. He's being kind but is not far off.
    Love Reign o'er me & The Real Me as performed on VH1 by Pearl jam
    http://youtu.be/rA7jid37AY8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

daltrey on stage last night in belfast....what a pic....raised the roof by all accounts...

184455_10151413361915807_530852171_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

Advertisement