Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stereophonics Olympia March 9th

Options
  • 28-01-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Stereophonics have just announced details of their highly anticipated return to Ireland with a show at The Olympia Theatre on Saturday, March 9th! Tickets priced from €39.05 go on-sale this Friday at 9am!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Can't wait for this. Been waiting to see them since Oxegen a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It may have been highly anticipated at some stage, but then they threatened to rerecord The Beatles' Please Please Me with Mick Hucknall. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea delighted they are doing a show here . Really like the new song

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Been long over due

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Was never a fan until I saw them at Oxegen a few years back. Totally blew me away, great live band.

Any word on pre-sales for this??

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Was never a fan until I saw them at Oxegen a few years back. Totally blew me away, great live band.

Any word on pre-sales for this??

They are imo the ultimate festival band since they have so many hits . This is their 1st headline irish show since the Academy in 2008

They are the one of the few bands that I still can listen to from the Brit Pop era, and they seem to be still making decent music. Saw them in the old Point a couple of times, along with Witnness and Slane. Holy shít they played Slane, seems like a life-time ago, now the Olympia. Hopefully I can get some tickets, always a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Seems to be sold out already. They better add a second night.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

SB-08 wrote: »
    Seems to be sold out already. They better add a second night.:mad:

I just got a pair of tickets after you posted.

I selected 2 Upper Circle, and it said there were none available. I then went back and selected 2 "Best Available" - and there were 2 Upper Circle waiting for me. Maybe somebody gave them up or timed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Got standing tickets, will be my 41st time seeing them live. Can't wait as the Olympia will be a really good venue to suit them for the roadtesting of the new album live. The album is out that Monday (4th) too.

• Advertisement

I just got a pair of tickets after you posted.

I selected 2 Upper Circle, and it said there were none available. I then went back and selected 2 "Best Available" - and there were 2 Upper Circle waiting for me. Maybe somebody gave them up or timed out.

I was offered restricted seats at the very back but passed on them and tried again and there were none available. What are the chances of a second date? It would seem mad not to add another considering the demand.

I was offered restricted seats at the very back but passed on them and tried again and there were none available. What are the chances of a second date? It would seem mad not to add another considering the demand.

Very doubtful as it's only a small venue tour before they do arenas later.

Sorry what are restricted seats?

Sorry what are restricted seats?

They are ones that are red on the seatings chart. Generally restricted view. Probably a pillar blocking the view of part of the stage.

I have been trying over and over with no avail but amazingly I just managed to get two standing tickets.:D Delighted.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

Heya, So I managed to get 4 tickets, but I'm just after realising that they're not standing like Id originally thought... I'm quite disappointed, but I was just wondering with seated tickets can you stand in the olympia or is it like the O2 Where seating tickets mean your sitting?! :)

Not an absolute hope you'd have with standing with seated tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

You could stand in the upper circle at bloc party last night provided you weren't in the front row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

2 tickets standing for sale PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Osmago

PM sent lippy88

Recent Setlist

The Bartender and the Thief
    A Thousand Trees
    Superman
    Graffiti on the Train
    (Live debut)
    Indian Summer
    Take Me
    (Live debut)
    Catacomb
    (Live debut)
    Maybe Tomorrow
    Been Caught Cheating
    (Live debut)
    In a Moment
    Same Size Feet
    Violins and Tambourines
    Just Looking
    We Share the Same Sun
    (Live debut)
    No-one's Perfect
    Local Boy in the Photograph
    Encore:
    Billy Davey's Daughter
    Traffic
    Roll the Dice
    (Live debut)
    Dakota

• Advertisement

No
    Mr. Writer
    ?

One of my favourites! :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

I know its a new album out and all but that setlist is still a bit meh

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Osmago

Long shot, but does anyone have a spare standing ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Should be a great gig.
    Anybody any idea who the support band is??

Don't think there is a support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just managed to get 2 seated tickets from Ticketmaster for this a few mins ago. They must have released a few returns. Had just decided to check on the off chance!

Anyone at the Belfast show?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Very disappointed with that setlist - the setlists from their Xmas tour was excellent and had all the classics - now they are playing four less songs and have cut out
    Pick A Part That's New, I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio, Mr Writer and More Life In a tramps vest
    - four of my favourites. Ah well I am sure it will still be a cracking show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Support Gareth Dunlop

• Advertisement

Pinkman wrote: »
    Very disappointed with that setlist - the setlists from their Xmas tour was excellent and had all the classics - now they are playing four less songs and have cut out
    Pick A Part That's New, I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio, Mr Writer and More Life In a tramps vest
    - four of my favourites. Ah well I am sure it will still be a cracking show.

What time did they come on and finish at? Suppose with this tour being for the reason of promoting the new album they will sadly have to leave out a few "classics"

Advertisement