Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stereophonics Olympia March 9th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Support Gareth Dunlop

Sweet, at least I won't be in too much of a panic to get across from the rugby to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

They opened the Late Late tonight.Played Indian Summer, excellent stuff.

Can't wait for tomorrow night now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Looking forward to the gig tonight! Could someone post the stage times here when they find out.

Cheers!

lc180 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the gig tonight! Could someone post the stage times here when they find out.

Cheers!

From Olympia website, what's on section;

Doors; 7pm

Gareth Dunlop on stage around 7.45-8.00pm

Stereophonics on stage around 8.45-9pm

Times subject to change!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Lovely stuff. Any idea how long they were on stage in Belfast, or other recent gigs? Heading out afterwards, deciding whether or not I'll have time to head back to the apartment and have a few drinks!

• Advertisement

Lovely stuff. Any idea how long they were on stage in Belfast, or other recent gigs? Heading out afterwards, deciding whether or not I'll have time to head back to the apartment and have a few drinks!

Set list from London gig last Monday!! 20 songs so I reckon we should get anywhere between 1 hr 30min and 1hr 45min....

The Bartender and the Thief
    A Thousand Trees
    Superman
    Graffiti on the Train
    (Live debut)
    Indian Summer
    Take Me
    (Live debut)
    Catacomb
    (Live debut)
    Maybe Tomorrow
    Been Caught Cheating
    (Live debut)
    In a Moment
    Same Size Feet
    Violins and Tambourines
    Just Looking
    We Share the Same Sun
    (Live debut)
    No-one's Perfect
    Local Boy in the Photograph
    Encore:
    Billy Davey's Daughter
    Traffic
    Roll the Dice
    (Live debut)
    Dakota

Finish around 10.45 I reckon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So jealous
    Enjoy you bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dwight_schrute

Was at Belfast on thursday. On stage for around 1hr 45. Crowd went a bit quiet during some of the new stuff but still got loads of the hits. Said they'd be back in November at the Odyssey so I'd assume the o2 as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was at Belfast on thursday. On stage for around 1hr 45. Crowd went a bit quiet during some of the new stuff but still got loads of the hits. Said they'd be back in November at the Odyssey so I'd assume the o2 as well.

Sweet , was hoping they were gonna announce when they would be back on the Late Late last night . Glad they will be back because im gonna have to leave before the end to play my own gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Looking forward to this tonight now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Fantastic gig. Absolutely delighted they played Mr. Writer too. The lads sure do put on a great show, and Kelly is one handsome bastard.

Yea really enjoyed the gig and the band were really on form. Had to leave about 2 songs before the encore. Did they say they would be back in Nov?

Nope never said when they will return. What a gig and the new songs came off well especially We Share The Same Sun, Catacomb was awesome live, Indian Summer is a crowd pleaser already. It was my 40th time seeing them, one of the best gigs with all the lads on form. I thought Jamie really fitted in well on drums too.

Yea really enjoyed the gig and the band were really on form. Had to leave about 2 songs before the encore. Did they say they would be back in Nov?

Kelly said just before Dakota, "we'll see ye again in the Winter" so I'm guessing that ties in with the mention of November in Belfast earlier in the week.

It was a great gig and the new album material sounded epic. Crowd were in fine voice aswell I felt. Atmosphere was excellent. Nice to see them in an intimate venue, Olympia never fails!!

Kelly said just before Dakota, "we'll see ye again in the Winter" so I'm guessing that ties in with the mention of November in Belfast earlier in the week.

It was a great gig and the new album material sounded epic. Crowd were in fine voice aswell I felt. Atmosphere was excellent. Nice to see them in an intimate venue, Olympia never fails!!

Yea agreed about the crowd , during some songs you couldnt even hear kelly . Have to say the crowd were def better then Slash on monday(still a great gig). Delighted they are def coming back . Yea was cool to see them in a small venue although the Academy gig a few years back was deadly aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Great gig. The Olympia is such a fantastic venue, was brilliant seeing them there. My only gripe was I think they played too many new songs. Ten new songs is a bit much - most big acts only do six or seven off a new album. I could've done with three or four less new songs (the one with the girl - 'Take Me' I think it was didn't go down well at all and was not a strong live track), and a few of the classics put in like 'Pick A Part That's New, More Lift In A Tramps Vest', I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio, Hurry Up and Wait'. A good few newer tracks sounded fantastic live though - In A Moment in particular was pretty epic. Indian Summer, Graffiti On A Train, Violins and Been Caught Cheating were highlights for me. Of the older tunes 'Dakota was incredible live at the end - easily the best of the night imo. Loved 'Just Looking, Superman and Traffic too. Surprised they played 'Have A Nice Day' - great song for radio but a tad on the cheesy side. Overall a really good gig.

Pinkman wrote: »
    Great gig. The Olympia is such a fantastic venue, was brilliant seeing them there. My only gripe was I think they played too many new songs. Ten new songs is a bit much - most big acts only do six or seven off a new album. .

You do realise that they did this small tour was to road test the album? That's why they played the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Great gig, last night.
    All the new songs sounded pretty good live to me.

The setlist was:

01. The Bartender and the Thief
    02. A Thousand Trees
    03. Superman
    04. Graffiti on the Train
    05. Indian Summer
    06. Take Me (With Jakki Healy)
    07. Catacomb
    08. Mr Writer
    09. Maybe Tomorrow
    10. Been Caught Cheating
    11. In a Moment
    12. Could You Be The One?
    13. Same Size Feet
    14. Violins and Tambourines
    15. Just Looking
    16. Roll The Dice
    17. No-one's Perfect
    18. Local Boy in the Photograph
    19. Encore Break
    20. We Share the Same Sun
    21. Have A Nice Day
    22. Traffic
    23. Dakota

Pinkman wrote: »
    Great gig. The Olympia is such a fantastic venue, was brilliant seeing them there. My only gripe was I think they played too many new songs. Ten new songs is a bit much - most big acts only do six or seven off a new album. I could've done with three or four less new songs (the one with the girl - 'Take Me' I think it was didn't go down well at all and was not a strong live track), and a few of the classics put in like 'Pick A Part That's New, More Lift In A Tramps Vest', I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio, Hurry Up and Wait'. A good few newer tracks sounded fantastic live though - In A Moment in particular was pretty epic. Indian Summer, Graffiti On A Train, Violins and Been Caught Cheating were highlights for me. Of the older tunes 'Dakota was incredible live at the end - easily the best of the night imo. Loved 'Just Looking, Superman and Traffic too. Surprised they played 'Have A Nice Day' - great song for radio but a tad on the cheesy side. Overall a really good gig.

This tour was designed solely to test the new album and nothing else. Stereophonics are way too big for the Olympia. They're just playing a handfull of small venues at the moment to sort out what tracks off the new album they intend to use for the arena tour next winter.

This was all detailed when the gig was originally announced!!!

The majority of bands do this with new albums. Good example are the Script, played small gig at the Opera House in Cork in November and played entire new album before trimming out what didn't work and played 3 nights at the O2 last week with only a hand full of tracks off the new #3 album!

Stereophonics will be back to play the O2 next winter and will probably only play 4-5 tracks off the new album!

Stereophonics

We are absolutely delighted to announce we'll be doing a major UK tour in November!

Tickets go on-sale on Stereophonics.com at 9am on Wednesday (general sale on Friday). Get your tickets here then: http://po.st/h1n7mF

Fri 8th - GLASGOW, Hydro Arena
    Sat 9th - ABERDEEN, AECC,
    Thu14th - MANCHESTER, Arena
    Fri 15th - LEEDS, Arena
    Sat 16th - NEWCASTLE, Metro Radio Arena
    Mon 18th - NOTTINGHAM, Capital FM Arena
    Tues 19th - BIRMINGHAM, LG Arena
    Thu 21st - BRIGHTON, Centre
    Fri 22nd - BOURNEMOUTH, International Centre
    Sun 24th - CARDIFF, Motorpoint Arena
    Mon 25th - CARDIFF, Motorpoint Arena
    Thu 28th - LONDON, the O2