Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winding down a limited company

Options
  • 28-01-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I am just enquiring about winding down a limited company. We have a limited company (online based service) but at the moment we are not generating enough revenue through it to justify continuing with it.

So I'm just looking for some advice on winding down a limited company. What is the cheapest possible way to wind it down? We have no debtors/creditors currently. How do we go about doing it? What should we expect to pay to close it down?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

€600 I think, you have to get a notice in the paper as well.

I have just changed accountants, and they are offering me a great deal on this, and to do my accounts as well.

if you want PM and I will pass on the info, they are no realtion or I have no interest in them

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bizzman

chprt wrote: »
    €600 I think, you have to get a notice in the paper as well.

I have just changed accountants, and they are offering me a great deal on this, and to do my accounts as well.

if you want PM and I will pass on the info, they are no realtion or I have no interest in them

thanks paddy

Thanks for that Paddy. If I need their details I'll send you a PM. I'll just see what others have to say about it as well. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 crypticcelt

Hi Bizzman,

Undertaking the same process myself at the moment.
    AFAIK the process is as follows:

Bank accounts have to be closed.
    Financial accounts have to be completed and filed.
    Strike-off takes ~6wks from time bank accounts are closed.
    Notice must be placed in paper.

My accountant (with them 6+yrs) is charging €300 +vat for finalising accounts/strike-off, with ~€150 for newspaper notice.

The Cryptic Celt

Advertisement