Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packard Bell Scanner Driver Software

Options
  • 28-01-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

We have an old Packard Bell Scanner , but our computer is unable to find the driver software .

We've tried through XP and Win 7 , but no luck .

Its model No DC66J
    The barcode is D03X12-03500648.

Anyone know where we could download the software to use this scanner ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

It's a re-branded Mustek scanner. XP drivers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The original software for that scanner was for Windows 98 making it almost 15 years old !! Maybe it's time to get a new one ? I doubt the Win98 driver will be entertained on Windows 7.

There used to be a package called SANE, maybe that might work or the site may help ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    There used to be a package called SANE, maybe that might work

A Unix driver? Hardly... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Torqay wrote: »
    A Unix driver? Hardly... ;)

Was thinking if the OP was really desperate he could run the scanner from a Linux Distro running in a virtual machine ? I've used SANE in the past on Macs and it works well where there is no other option available.

Anyway as someone else has linked to an XP driver perhaps all is not lost !

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

practice wrote: »
    Hardware Helper (8.1MB download) is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP. This download identifies missing or out-of-date device drivers. Registration is only 29.95 EUR and highly recommended for automated driver updates & backups.

Thanks for tips , ...

This one costs €29.95 to register

None of the others will work for me

This one costs €29.95 to register

None of the others will work for me

Dump it so and buy some AIO device for 50 yoyos. That scanner of yours is 12 years old and it does not work with Windows 7, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Thanks for all the help guys - unfortunately I was unable to get this scanner to work , so I have moved it on to the local cancer charity shop .

Advertisement