Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2013

• 28-01-2013 3:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll keep this fairly simple as I'm trying to gain an insight as to what to do.

If you were allowed one bet only, irrespective of price, who would it be and what race are they in ?

So I suppose in other words....... who do you think WILL win this year at Cheltenham ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Sprinter Sacre, Champion Chase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

ft9 wrote: »
    Sprinter Sacre, Champion Chase.

Doh. Was hoping for better than odds on but that's my own fault for the way I asked the question.

Maybe I should have said something about odd against.

Pont Alexandre in the Neptune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

Grandouet in the champion hurdle!

Pont Alexandre in the Neptune.

I read a few posts on PA earlier and that is why I actually started this thread.

Some guy seems pretty hot on PA.

The horse has been declared for two races at the festival so I'll have to bide my time before punting.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    Grandouet in the champion hurdle!

He's been held by Zarkandar a few times. Why do you think it will be any different now ?

a few lengths here and there and a diff result can occur, not many thought rock on ruby would win champion last year

a few lengths here and there and a diff result can occur, not many thought rock on ruby would win champion last year

I hear ya. I didn't know if you were thinking jockey or ground.

I've been out of the loop (racing) for quite some time now but I'd like to get on something nice and early for Cheltenham.

So I won't be choosing my own animal.

I'll just wait and see what name crops up most of this thread.

The Champion Hurdle is probably one of the hardest races to predict this year.

I probably wouldn't back PA antepost. If Willy said he takes sugar in his tea I wouldn't believe it.

Quevega 4/6 and Sprinter Scare 2/5, a double admittedly but I think they'll both win :)

• Advertisement

The Champion Hurdle is probably one of the hardest races to predict this year.

I probably wouldn't back PA antepost. If Willy said he takes sugar in his tea I wouldn't believe it.

Seems ladbrokes have taken him out of the betting for the other race and have left him in only the Neptune at 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Pont alexandre in the neptune. Will be my biggest bet at the festival this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Giuseppi

Supreme Novice - Dodging Bullets
    Champion Hurdle - Zarkander
    RSA - Rocky Creek
    Ryanair - Cue Card
    Albert Bartlett - Pont Alexandre
    Gold Cup - Long Run

Thats my thinking but all could change next week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

fangee wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll keep this fairly simple as I'm trying to gain an insight as to what to do.

If you were allowed one bet only, irrespective of price, who would it be and what race are they in ?

So I suppose in other words....... who do you think WILL win this year at Cheltenham ?
    Rock on Ruby ew @ 5 to 1 looks the meetings best bet,you will get the win part of the bet back if Hurricane Run should win.The real value for cheltenham is to be found at PP.You can back every horse in the champion hurdle and be guaranteed a profit of €115 for an investment of €890.The profit is guaranteed at current prices,if anyone wants the amounts to bet on each horse pm me or work it out yourselves.Myself and my buddy are already on and going in for more on this no lose bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Plenty of good Cheltenham chat over here lads if ye like

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=389

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hurricane Fly & Siliviniaco Conte is my double!

I tried to send two private messages but i may have made a bags of it so here goes.You can back every horse at pp prices to get back a €1000 for approx €830 leaving out Hurricane Run.You then put €60 on Hurricane to win €120,so if Hurricane wins you win €120 as you get your money back on all the losers.If any one of the others win you get back a €1000.You put €222 on Zarkander at 7 to2,€200 on Rock on Ruby and so on just working out how much you need to bet to get back €1000 inc stake on all bets made,except of course Hurricane Run ,you just put a €60 bet on Hurricane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I tried to send two private messages but i may have made a bags of it so here goes.You can back every horse at pp prices to get back a €1000 for approx €830 leaving out Hurricane Run.You then put €60 on Hurricane to win €120,so if Hurricane wins you win €120 as you get your money back on all the losers.If any one of the others win you get back a €1000.You put €222 on Zarkander at 7 to2,€200 on Rock on Ruby and so on just working out how much you need to bet to get back €1000 inc stake on all bets made,except of course Hurricane Run ,you just put a €60 bet on Hurricane

Last couple of years were much better its about 8-9 per 100 , last year was 20 i did 60 + shops , be careful Paddy rules state one refund per customer max 100 , it hasn't happenned me but i know someone who was refused a second refund bringing a docket into the same shop a few days later , the teller remembered refunding him already . I suppose just use a bit of common sense .

Have you your calculations correct or have odds changed ?I make it 75 profit for 940 stake using dutching the field method.

http://gyazo.com/76f6ba277ab12623ff8fc73640666d8d

If you then backed 60 on Hurricane Fly you would only bet left with 15 should Hurricane fly not win and 120 if he does .

There is more money in this back and laying a horse and part laying Hurricane at the moment . Just check your calculations to be sure but I am calculatiing on current odds . Theres not much in this offer , You can usually go to Paddy Power any day of the week and make more risk free for alot less work

Current Sh*t odds just calculatiing straight back and lay on cloest horse Rock on Ruby
    Figures are back 100 at 5 lay 83.75 at 6 either way you lose 18.75 then lay HF 29 euro at 3.45 and you make 9.60 either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Wonderful Charm - World Hurdle

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

go for a few middling outsiders, the weather is going to be ropey, not a festival for favorites this year, might sacre even fail???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I still think you would be better off forgetting about Hurricane Run and maybe
    back Hurricane Fly instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Guys, i always thought that if you backed a horse antipost and it was a non runner, you'd get your stake back? Just saw there that a non runner i've backed for tomorrow has "lost" :confused:

At current prices with pp you can now back every horse in the champion hurdle and make €261 profit on an investment of €1000 if Hurricane Fly does not win.To ensure a profit no matter who wins put a €80 on Hurricane Fly at 9 to 4 and pick up at least €180 no matter who wins.The real icing on the cake would be if the winner was thrown out and we got paid twice ha ha,would be nice but as it stands we cant refuse free money.If anyone wants to know the amounts to bet ,google dutching,then type in the price of each horse that PP is quoting and the amount you need to bet on each horse comes up for a total stake of 100 for 1000 just multiply by 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I did.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Melodic Rendezvous
    Bobs Worth
    Pont Alexandre
    Our Conor
    Simonsig
    Taquin du Sewill

This will be my e / w accum . I ' m going to cut it to 3 or 4 . Who will I drop or who shall I add ?

Degag wrote: »
    Guys, i always thought that if you backed a horse antipost and it was a non runner, you'd get your stake back? Just saw there that a non runner i've backed for tomorrow has "lost" :confused:
    Mostly you lose your money when you back a nr ante-post.There comes a time when bookmakers go non runner no bet,usually the week before chel,but that is simply a concession.Check when you made the bet and it is probable that you made it before the concession kicked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Dont know if it's been mentioned here since I dont really check this forum too often .... but you can get Sprinter Sacre to win at evens from the Coral website. It's a promotion they're running probably just to get new members but they're essentially giving money away. Max bet is 20 euro, obviously, otherwise they'd go out of business. But 20 euro is 20 euro and probably the easiest 20 euro I'll make!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

FatRat wrote: »
    Dont know if it's been mentioned here since I dont really check this forum too often .... but you can get Sprinter Sacre to win at evens from the Coral website. It's a promotion they're running probably just to get new members but they're essentially giving money away. Max bet is 20 euro, obviously, otherwise they'd go out of business. But 20 euro is 20 euro and probably the easiest 20 euro I'll make!

I hope you are right, but a free runner can stop the best if caught up in it, be lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

FatRat wrote: »

Can you bet on that and then withdraw it?
    Or do you have to bet your winings 100 times on odds of evens or higher etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

No big bets, but did this...

Arabella Boy 1 Pt Win (9/2)
    Hurricane Fly 1 Pt Win (2/1)
    Simonsig + Quevega 2 Pt Win Double (9/4)
    Jezki 1 Pt Win (9/2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Dodging Bullets in the first race at 12-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

My Tent Or Yours 2.05
    Puffin Billy e/w 2.05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Going for Jezki 5/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Well, this was what I put on this morning after almost doing it all day yesterday.
    Covered myself with an each way bet on all.

Champagne Fever @13/2 (Nice one Ruby!)
    Arvika Ligeonniere @8/1
    Fruity O'Rooney @10/1
    Rock On Ruby @9/2
    Uncle Junior @8/1
    Swing Bowler @7/1
    Shangani @7/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

Cross Country Abandoned

Edit: Rescheduled for Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

I had Arabella Boy in a treble. What happens to my bet now? carried to Thursday or becomes a double? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    I had Arabella Boy in a treble. What happens to my bet now? carried to Thursday or becomes a double? Thanks

Carried to Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    No big bets, but did this...

Arabella Boy 1 Pt Win (9/2)
    Hurricane Fly 1 Pt Win (2/1)
    Simonsig + Quevega 2 Pt Win Double (9/4)
    Jezki 1 Pt Win (9/2)

Does anyone know how/if a bookie will payout now that Arabella Boy is not running til Thursday? I had everything written on the same docket.

I won on my Hurricane Fly single and the Simonsig + Quevega double, which means a decent payout

Can I get those paid out now, or have I to wait until Thursday

If I get paid out now, will they give me a new docket for Thursday?

smokingman wrote: »
    Well, this was what I put on this morning after almost doing it all day yesterday.
    Covered myself with an each way bet on all.

Champagne Fever @13/2 (Nice one Ruby!)
    Arvika Ligeonniere @8/1
    Fruity O'Rooney @10/1
    Rock On Ruby @9/2
    Uncle Junior @8/1
    Swing Bowler @7/1
    Shangani @7/1
    I hope you backed Fruity o Rooney in Lads,i had €25 ew and got €87.50 back as i spotted early today that they were paying 5 places.I normally bet with PP but i think they were only going 1 2 3 4 on that race.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Been waiting a long time for this bet to be running!

Can't believe the race is finally here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

kryogen wrote: »
    Been waiting a long time for this bet to be running!

Can't believe the race is finally here

That is a long, long wait for an Even Money shot.
    He was still that price in October.

That said, it's not bad for a 2/7 shot or whatever he is now

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

I hope you backed Fruity o Rooney in Lads,i had €25 ew and got €87.50 back as i spotted early today that they were paying 5 places.I normally bet with PP but i think they were only going 1 2 3 4 on that race.

Paid 5 places on Betfair multiples too, had him with Simonsig, Quevega and Hurricane Fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Hurricane Fly was very good to me today so going to do a 20euro treble of Dynaste 7/4, First Lieutenant 5/2 and Pont Alexandre 2/1 (Pont Alexandre is enhanced tomorrow morning with william hill). reckon it might be worth a shout!

Also 20 euro on Sprintre Sacre evens with Coral should be free money fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Day 1 went great! I'm up €220 after betting a total of €20.

For tomorrow I did €1ew patent on fiveforthree, bordoni, le vent dantan

Potential €1818.66

Treble €5 ew on unioniste, pont alexandre, back in focus

Potential €263.37

So finger crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cruais wrote: »
    Day 1 went great! I'm up €220 after betting a total of €20.

For tomorrow I did €1ew patent on fiveforthree, bordoni, le vent dantan

Potential €1818.66

Treble €5 ew on unioniste, pont alexandre, back in focus

Potential €263.37

So finger crossed!

have these two doubled myself
    wasnt sure about the third race, was thinking of unioniste but
    wasnt gonna have a bet given how wide open it looks
    ill go for the 5 win treble myself while im at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

pont alexandre & back in focus €10 double

Sprinter Sacre €20 at evens

Hate doing favorites though! All the best lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

pont alexandre & back in focus €10 double

Sprinter Sacre €20 at evens

Hate doing favorites though! All the best lads.

Where are you getting evens on SS ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Had bets on PP and bet365 so yeah, was covered on the five places thankfully!

Made a bit of profit off yesterday so here's my boring each ways for today.

Rival D'estruval @ 7/1 & Rose Of The Moon @ 16/1
    Taquin Du Seuil @ 6/1 & Rule The World @ 15/2
    Hadrian's Approach @ 6/1 & Lord Windermere @ 10/1
    Mail De Bievre @ 20/1
    Master Of The Sea @ 16/1
    Megalypos @ 9/1
    Union Dues @ 8/1

Just like Sean Quagmire above, I too hate betting on favorites. Might have to towards the end of the week though depending on losses :(

Plenty of good competitive racing today and for a bit of each way value i am going for a bit of an upset in the 2 40.Willie Mullins has the fav Boston Bob,though Ruby rides Unioniste for Nicholls i am going for Terminal the other Mullins runner.Terminal stayed on well to beat Tofina Bay at Navan (a stiff track) and can cause an upset here at 16 to 1.I am also backing Golantilla in the bumper at 10s ew 4 places PP.The bumper is never easy but this fellow was very impressive when winning his bumper and the third horse (14 lengths behind)came out and won by 6 lengths in Limerick.I will be having a couple of other bets but at big prices these 2 might provide a bit of value and fun.Good luck to all and remember a 7 to 4 winner at Southwell gives the same return as a 7 to 4 winner at Cheltenham and is sometimes easier to find.

• Advertisement
Advertisement