Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rear speakers too directional - what can I try?

• 28-01-2013 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I have an Onkyo 609 driving a 5.1 system - all Mordaunt Short speakers. I am generally happy with the sound after running the Audyssey config and disabling Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume, but the rears cause a problem.

They are MS 903s which are bipolar. I did have them behind the sofa at about a 120 degree angle from the main seat and about 18 inches higher, but they are quite directional in that I can often perceive the sound to be coming from them, particularly the rear left. This obviously spoils the ambient noise effect in some movie scenes, because it's distracting.

Any advice on what I can try to improve this apart from endless moving of the speakers and re-testing? The amp only allows speaker distance adjustments in 1 foot increments, am wondering if placing them to the sides parallel to the seat and pointing them at each other so they spread the sound at the two 45 degree angles might improve things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

am wondering if placing them to the sides parallel to the seat and pointing them at each other so they spread the sound at the two 45 degree angles might improve things?

This is how the surround speakers should be set up, you only use rear speakers in a 7.1 setup.

Advertisement