Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Touch Site

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Issue 3 and 4 will be resolved in the next few minutes.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's a bit annoying that my subscribed forums are gone from the top of the forum list.

Can I also suggest this button now that there's room?
    Untitled_1_21.png

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Also, any thread I go into brings me instantly to the very first post. It no longer remembers where I left off.
    This is driving me batty right now o_0

smash wrote: »
    It's a bit annoying that my subscribed forums are gone from the top of the forum list.

Untitled_1_21.png

Let us get what's there working the way it should before lumping on the feature suggestions, nice idea though :D

Danny

Let us get what's there working the way it should before lumping on the feature suggestions, nice idea though :D

Danny

Can I interest you in a machine for QA? :D

• Advertisement

Can I interest you in a machine for QA? :D

Even with QA and CI you'll miss a few things ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

That "Mark as Read" button would be fairly handy now that you have a subscribed threads counter in your profile icon.

Also how will that work for new PM notifications? Do we have to keep checking it for "Five followed threads, but the notification has 6, Oh that must mean I have a PM",instead of the excellent way PM notifications was implemented before.

It's all gone a bit facebook, and not in a good way!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    That "Mark as Read" button would be fairly handy now that you have a subscribed threads counter in your profile icon.

Also how will that work for new PM notifications? Do we have to keep checking it for "Five followed threads, but the notification has 6, Oh that must mean I have a PM",instead of the excellent way PM notifications was implemented before.

It's all gone a bit facebook, and not in a good way!

Notifications on touch are only for unread private messages.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

The welcome message for logged in users and "Web App" iOS prompt should now be kaput.

The threadbit last post link omission is an oversight on our part, we're working on an implementation now, but no concrete timeframe as of yet.

Thanks for the heads up on all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Any chance of getting followed forums back to the top of the list?
    As it stands, I have to click A-Z, then select the letter, and then scroll down to the forum I want to view.
    It was much handier when everything was right there in front of me.

• Advertisement

Notifications on touch are only for unread private messages.

Danny

It just incremented there by 1 and when I checked the "My Threads" tab, I have new posts in 7 followed threads, as opposed to the 6 you see in my profile icon with 0 new unread private messages-

Scr000030.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Any chance of getting followed forums back to the top of the list?
    As it stands, I have to click A-Z, then select the letter, and then scroll down to the forum I want to view.
    It was much handier when everything was right there in front of me.
    This. Without it it makes the touch site much more of a pain to navigate. For this alone, I would like if there's the ability to use the old site.

ixoy wrote: »
    This. Without it it makes the touch site much more of a pain to navigate. For this alone, I would like if there's the ability to use the old site.

Feedback on followed forums has been passed on to the designers. There's no way to use the old touch site I'm afraid.

Danny

It just incremented there by 1 and when I checked the "My Threads" tab, I have new posts in 7 followed threads, as opposed to the 6 you see in my profile icon with 0 new unread private messages

My apologies, the update for notifications didn't go live. It'll be up in the next few minutes.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Why have you gotten rid of the PM button? Having to click on the profile button is unnecessary and annoying, the PM button on the old site was much better.

LizT wrote: »
    Why have you gotten rid of the PM button? Having to click on the profile button is unnecessary and annoying, the PM button on the old site was much better.

Agreed. Fewer clicks leads to a much better user experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Way, way too much whitespace (and bluespace!) for a mobile site! I'm losing at least one thread per screen over the previous version, probably more. I don't need the search bar the whole time either, this isn't Wikipedia.

Also, any thread I go into brings me instantly to the very first post. It no longer remembers where I left off.

This should be resolved now, Clicking on the threadbit / thread title will take you to the last post read, clicking on the time ago string bottom right will take you to the last post made.

Please do let me know if it's not performing as described above, thanks for your patience

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I have a black border to the right of my screen about 30 times the width of the actual writing if that makes any sense.

I have a black border to the right of my screen about 30 times the width of the actual writing if that makes any sense.

Could you fire on your browser / device details please? I'll take a look as soon as possible

• Advertisement

Yep. It's one of the cheapo Galaxy Y phones Presume it's 2.3 or something. I'm not very tech savvy.
    Also when I click on forums the list of the ones I follow seems to have disappeared from the top.

And when I click the Boards icon it brings me to the latest posts every time whereas before it would take me to the latest threads which I follow.

Could you fire on your browser / device details please? I'll take a look as soon as possible

With a screen grab included-

Is there any way at all to go back to the previous incarnation of the touch site?

The courier font is awful.

Internal server error 500 when you click on account in the top right.

The page is all over the screen when you try to scroll down. If you're off at all you get a black border down the side of the page on the right. This never used happen on the previous touch site.

Screen Capture-

Scr000026.jpg

Browser Version: Opera Mobile 12.

Hardware: Nokia N8.

Also randomly happens to have a white border at times (see attachment), and you can swipe right over to fill the screen in black or white.

This behaviour only started happening when the new touch site went live.

With a screen grab included-

Also randomly happens to have a white border at times (see attachment), and you can swipe right over to fill the screen in black or white.

This behaviour only started happening when the new touch site went live.

Can't do screen grab but the border is like above only much more of it. Not got the white one yet.
    I'm also using Opera if that's any help.
    Old version worked brilliantly.
    Going out now but I'll catch up with thread later.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A few extra things:

- Any chance of putting the Pages navigation at the top as well as the bottom? Bit of a pain having to scroll down to the bottom to jump pages, especially with long posts. It wasn't there for the old site either but now is surely the best chance to get it in.

- Another for the "Mark as Read". Find it a handy feature (especially when you have the "Followed Forums" feature back in).

- Small issue: When I click on the "Forums" or "Profile" icon the highlight (onClick or whatever it uses) displays a green outline that doesn't match the shape of the button at all. Doesn't affect the functionality, just looks a bit rough. I'm using the stock browser on a Desire HD for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

im glad i went onto the laptop and found this thread. new touch had been driving me CRACKED all day. Why was it changed? it was not broken . it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

It's not rendering properly for me at all on the lumia 800 in explorer, think I'm just getting html everywhere except the home page, anyone else having similar troubles?

EDIT: Aaand we're good, somehow, these text boxes are going to take a bit of getting used to, the font isn't the easiest on the eye.

Can't do screen grab but the border is like above only much more of it. Not got the white one yet.
    I'm also using Opera if that's any help.
    Old version worked brilliantly.
    Going out now but I'll catch up with thread later.

Just back now and I'm getting the white border taking up most of my screen. It's like Tetris trying to keep the text in view.

Just seen the mega-border has gone black again when I checked this post before sending.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I too have the insanely large black border to the right. It's like the entire length of the page is being made into the shape of an A4 sheet of paper with the excess filled with black.

Using firefox on Sony Xperia U

• Advertisement

Just back now and I'm getting the white border taking up most of my screen. It's like Tetris trying to keep the text in view.

Just seen the mega-border has gone black again when I checked this post before sending.

I too have the insanely large black border to the right. It's like the entire length of the page is being made into the shape of an A4 sheet of paper with the excess filled with black.

Using firefox on Sony Xperia U

This is what I and the posters above are talking about-

Scr000036.jpg

You can swipe right over and black out the whole screen from right to left. It's quite annoying when using your right thumb to scroll down the page as the site veers off to the left and you have to pull it back in by sweeping left to right.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement