Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Touch Site

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just a minor thing but is it possible to have the default main page set to show my forums when signed in. It is currently showing latest posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Another one! When I click on a thread it brings me to the top of the last page viewed as opposed to the last post I have read which the proper Touch site used to do so I have to scroll down and try to remember what time I had viewed the thread previously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Just a minor thing but is it possible to have the default main page set to show my forums when signed in. It is currently showing latest posts.

Just bookmark /myforums instead of /?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Just a suggestion-

When you click on the link in the upper right that brings you to your account page, PMs will usually say "0". For registered users as opposed to subscribers, PM storage is limited to 500. Is there any way the code could be re-written to display how many PMs you have stored out of 500 in perhaps the format (473/500), something like that, instead of just "0". It'll always be "0" or "1", maybe"2" otherwise, when it could be made a whole lot more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sorry guys but the revamp is horrible. It reminds me of when Google changed gmail.

Maybe I am missing something but why change a perfectly good site? What specific improvements does it bring?

Good suggestions like putting a second "previous/next" button at the top of the page have been ignored.

It also seems to be very unstable. I am randomly getting pages that don't load properly.

There is so much wasted space at the top of the page when space is at a premium on phone screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I see the followed forums list is up an running!
    Excellent! This was a main sticking point on the new layout for me.
    Good work lads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

/browse should now contain a list of your followed forums at the top before the a-z and category listing.

*EDIT* next touch update, auto ban all thunder stealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Thunder buddies for life. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but on iOs the my forums tab displays the time of the post "Bugs Report New Touch Site, El Guapo! 5 mins ago", while the same thread under the my threads tab displays the above except without the time since the post was made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but on iOs the my forums tab displays the time of the post "Bugs Report New Touch Site, El Guapo! 5 mins ago", while the same thread under the my threads tab displays the above except without the time since the post was made.

Thanks for that, we'll look into it.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Sorry, no bugs to report as of yet.
    But just wanted to say, possibly against some of the posts on this thread,
    Great job guys, Looks a lot slicker and responds a lot faster on my device.
    I would only generally use if for browsing subbed threads and the off replies mind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think its great tbh. :)

Any chance of better page navigation choices. I have just been on a page where the choice was pages 1&2 or page 652!

There is lots of space so how about a option to type in a page number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

When clicking into a thread I've never visited before I'm brought to the newest post rather than the first or first unread post.

Is this by design?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I really like it, well done, just one thing.

When I'm on my followed thread page I can see the last poster but not when they last posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

In the my threads section.....same as mentioned above AND if you press back after going into a thread it brings you to last webpage opened before Boards NOT the my threads home page . AWFUL ANNOYING.
    Also another small one. When a shortcut is created on home screen it no lingers has the nice boards icon it uses a small screen shot of the my threads page.
    Still can't understand why it was changed.
    It's now slower and extremely frustrating to use

Clicking on the link in an email notification takes me to the first page of the thread & not to the relevant post. I then have to scroll down & select the last page.

Also some of the buttons such as page numbers & my profile are very unresponsive & can take several clicks to work.

I have to echo a previous poster in that the new site feels very slow compared to the old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Pembily wrote: »
    I really like it, well done, just one thing.

When I'm on my followed thread page I can see the last poster but not when they last posted.

There's a fix incoming for this, thanks

km79 wrote: »
    When a shortcut is created on home screen it no lingers has the nice boards icon it uses a small screen shot of the my threads page.

Fix incoming for this, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Fix incoming for this, thank you

And it's up - should be working for everybody now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

As mentioned already, any chance that a subscribed forums link can be added to the homepage? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

gebbel wrote: »
    As mentioned already, any chance that a subscribed forums link can be added to the homepage? Cheers.

Hit the button at the top an it'll show your followed forums, if thats what you mean? (Button beside user cp button)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

And it's up - should be working for everybody now
    Is this about the times not showing for the last post?

I can't do a print screen bit I still can't see the time someone last posted.

I think it was for the web app logo. I still havent got times showing either

238718.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I've narrowed down this "border behaviour" I call it, to when you're on any forum's main page, you get the white border when you go off the page. When you're in the thread and you go off the page, you get a black border.

Hope this helps narrow something down as it's rather frustrating.

MarkMc wrote: »
    I think it was for the web app logo. I still havent got times showing either

We've pushed a fix for this live now, thanks

Working now, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

One small thing I've noticed is that
    < 1 min ago
    isn't displaying properly in forums. It's grand in the thread itself or on the front page but not in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Another one re: the border. Sometimes when I move onto the next page of a thread it transports me to the middle of the border of the next page. It takes me to15 or 20 hard swipes to get me back to the text depending how far into hyperspace it has sent me.

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    One small thing I've noticed is that
    < 1 min ago
    isn't displaying properly in forums. It's grand in the thread itself or on the front page but not in the forum.

Thanks for the heads up, fix is live now

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement