Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Touch Site

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

When clicking into a thread I've never visited before I'm brought to the newest post rather than the first or first unread post.

Is this by design?

Clicking on the thread title or anywhere else on a thread's block will take you to the latest unread post for you for that thread.

Clicking on the time of the last post (e.g. just now, < 1 min ago) will bring you to that post.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Not all threads seem to be showing on the touch site. In dental issues, two of the stickies are missing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Continues to bring me back to previous website rather than my forums homepage when I click back after going into a thread.
    Then have to back out of safari to I phone homepage and reload .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

km79 wrote: »
    Continues to bring me back to previous website rather than my forums homepage when I click back after going into a thread.
    Then have to back out of safari to I phone homepage and reload .

Hi km79,

This has me mightily confused, can you go through step by step exactly what you're doing pls?

You're clicking through to the thread via the boards homepage / myforums tab and not an email notification correct?

Click on shortcut on I phone home page.
    Brings me to my forums.
    Click on any one of the threads and it brings me to it BUT opens up like a new window in safari. This did not used to happen.
    So then if I click back on safari it does not bring me back to the my forums page but to a completely different website.
    In other words every time I go into My forums I get to view one thread then have to go all the way back out to I phone homescreen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

This is a very small niggle but is there any way to change the boards.ie logo at the top to direct to touch.boards.ie/mythreads (or even/myforums)? Having it direct to latest posts is kinda annoying and just leads to more clicks for me :(

That said, I like the look of the new site. It seems to be a bit quicker to load, at least for me. Good work, everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

We've pushed a fix for this live now, thanks

Cheers Ronan, working now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

This is a very small niggle but is there any way to change the boards.ie logo at the top to direct to touch.boards.ie/mythreads (or even/myforums)? Having it direct to latest posts is kinda annoying and just leads to more clicks for me :(

That said, I like the look of the new site. It seems to be a bit quicker to load, at least for me. Good work, everyone!

If you click the button on the top right (the one with the 3 dots and 3 lines) it'll bring you straight to the forum list with your forums at the top.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

El Guapo! wrote: »
    If you click the button on the top right (the one with the 3 dots and 3 lines) it'll bring you straight to the forum list with your forums at the top.

That's not what I'm talking about though. I'd like the boards.ie logo in the top left to bring me to my followed threads, not the forum list

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That's not what I'm talking about though. I'd like the boards.ie logo in the top left to bring me to my followed threads, not the forum list

Ah I see. I only said that because you said "(or even/myforums)" in your post.
    My mistake. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Or an additional button for my threads, very annoying to have to click boards logo then click my threads every time you want to go my to see my threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A while ago touch users were asked on a poll what they woul like changed and the most requested items were changed.

At the time, having the options for page navigation within a forum/thread at the top of te page as well as at the bottom narrowly missed out on being changed and we were told it would be included in the nex t round of updates but it hasn't been. It's hugely frustrating having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a page to change the page - please can we have this changed soon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

you now shouldn't see the "Posted in: forum name" when viewing a forums threads.

MarkMc wrote: »
    Not all threads seem to be showing on the touch site. In dental issues, two of the stickies are missing

Just in case ye missed this. Still not showing all stickies. iOs 6

MarkMc wrote: »
    Just in case ye missed this. Still not showing all stickies. iOs 6

Cheers MarkMc, will take a look

Cheers MarkMc, will take a look

Main problem in the case of that forum, is that you can't see the charter on touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dahamsta wrote: »

Just bookmark /myforums instead of /?
    That only works when I use the bookmark but when I use the homepage link (the big boards.ie in top corner) it displays the latest posts by default but it used to display my forums by default once you are logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

With the space between the boards logo and forum list could an option for my threads be put there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I don't know if it's a bug, or if it's intentional, but to get to my PM inbox now once the notification pops up, I have to click on the notification icon, and then on the PMs link in my user profile.

The old PM notification used take me directly to my inbox. This new method requiring user clicks to get to my inbox is not exactly enhancing the site user experience.

Would it not have made more sense to go directly to the PM itself even, from the notification, rather than going to the user profile or the inbox at all?

Edit: Still getting that border on the right of the screen btw lads. Still as bloody annoying as ever. Any chance of a fix at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The Android and Apple sub-forums under Mobiles don't seem to be linking properly. All I'm getting is blank forums. See attached.

• Advertisement

Still having to go out of boards and reload it every time I want to go to a different thread in my forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Two very frustrating problems still happening.

I'm not being brought to the first unread post when I enter a thread.

And still have loads of space over the right hand side of the page. Very frustrating while scrolling!

Beekay wrote: »
    I'm not being brought to the first unread post when I enter a thread.

Clicking anywhere in the threadbit / the thread title will bring you to the last unread post, clicking on the "time ago" string will take you to the the last post made in the thread.

What are you currently experiencing (and where are you experiencing it)?
    And still have loads of space over the right hand side of the page. Very frustrating while scrolling!

Could you let us know what device and which browser you're using please.

km79 wrote: »
    Still having to go out of boards and reload it every time I want to go to a different thread in my forums.

Could you let me know what device / browser you're using please, thanks.

The only thing I can think of is you've some setting enabled that opens internal links in a new page by default, what is the current default action on any other webpage when you open a link?

Czarcasm wrote: »
    The Android and Apple sub-forums under Mobiles don't seem to be linking properly. All I'm getting is blank forums. See attached.

Thanks for the heads up, will take a look into this now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Clicking anywhere in the threadbit / the thread title will bring you to the last unread post, clicking on the "time ago" string will take you to the the last post made in the thread.

What are you currently experiencing (and where are you experiencing it)?

Could you let us know what device and which browser you're using please.

What's the threadbit? I've already posted about being brought to top of page as opposed to last unread post when I click title.

And that feckin border is still doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

OK i I like the new touch site so far except for PM's when I try to bcc or forward a pm to several users it won't let saying members and or mods not reconnised ,even when I switch to full site have the same issue using a nexus 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Gatling wrote: »
    OK i I like the new touch site so far except for PM's when I try to bcc or forward a pm to several users it won't let saying members and or mods not reconnised ,even when I switch to full site have the same issue using a nexus 7

There are no known issues with PMing multiple users. You are separating the names with a semi-colon - ; - right?

Danny

What's the threadbit? I've already posted about being brought to top of page as opposed to last unread post when I click title.

The thread "block" in a tab / forum page if that makes sense, let me know if not and i'll send you a screenshot.
    And that feckin border is still doing my head in!

What device / browser are you using atm, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The thread "block" in a tab / forum page if that makes sense, let me know if not and i'll send you a screenshot.

What device / browser are you using atm, thanks

Already told you on page 5. It's a Galaxy Y. Presume 2.3 via Opera.
    A few of us have the border problem.

If by Thread Block you mean the blue bit with Thread title, last poster, x minutes ago etc then that is what I click but it brings me to the top of the last page viewed not the last unread post (although sometimes it dumps me in the middle of that enormous border, but not very often).
    For example: next time I click on this thread it will bring me to KKKittys post and I will have to try and remember what time I have been on here in order to catch up with the thread.
    Hope that explains it somewhat.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement