Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Sports watch £89

• 28-01-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Garmin Forerunner 110 for £89 on Amazon. Best price I've seen for this watch (its without the heart rate monitor). Free delivery.

I have this watch for well over a year and use it regularly. Great piece of kit.

LINKY

Found this on HUKD...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

This site does a daily price comparison across multiple retailers for your chosen model.

http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/gps-watches/garmin-forerunner-110.htm
    Check the tabs at the top for different models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Dazzy wrote: »
    Garmin Forerunner 110 for £89 on Amazon. Best price I've seen for this watch (its without the heart rate monitor). Free delivery.

I have this watch for well over a year and use it regularly. Great piece of kit.

LINKY

Found this on HUKD...

Cheers Dazzy. Between this and getting the one with a heart monitor strap which is £109: http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Garmin-Mens-Heart-Rate-Monitor/product/B003EGC47Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

When I bought the watch Amazon didn't have any in stock with the heart rate monitor so I had to buy it separately later on. Cost about and extra €15 buying it separately. I use it all the time and it works very well with this watch. You can upload all of the data easily to the garminconnect site and check your progress over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

will a normal heart rate strap work with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

for fear of asking a stupid question ... apart from the HR monitor is there much of a difference between using one of these watches and using a smartphone to keep track of you running??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    for fear of asking a stupid question ... apart from the HR monitor is there much of a difference between using one of these watches and using a smartphone to keep track of you running??

I use endomondo on my smartphone and am not sure either if there is any major advantages besides the fact it is on your wrist making it more visible while running and lighter. The pace feature might be very useful to more serious runners also.
    The downside for me would be that it is an extra device to charge ,and doesnt have the auto upload to say endomondo like my smartphone does.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Scarlet42 wrote: »

- Better battery life
    - Less weight (watch isn't as heavy obviously)
    - Easier to carry
    - Can use training plans/virutal partner/routes etc

If for example you decide to use the Garmin Connect app then from what I've seen there's very little differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

could this watch be used to track miles run on a football pitch?
    whats the accuracy like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Dazzy wrote: »
    When I bought the watch Amazon didn't have any in stock with the heart rate monitor so I had to buy it separately later on. Cost about and extra €15 buying it separately. I use it all the time and it works very well with this watch. You can upload all of the data easily to the garminconnect site and check your progress over time.

Interesting. All the garmin heart rate monitors available on amazon.co.uk at the moment cost a lot more than €15. Think I'm going to take the plunge on the 110.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

whats the accuracy like?
    IMO :
    It is based on GPS , which are normally fairly accurate ,but I dont think it would be suitable for a football pitch as it would not really pick up all movement as Im sure it probably takes a new GPS reading every x secs and calcs the distance from last reading (guessing here)
    You would be better off maybe with something that measures steps like a FitBit product and converts the steps to distance travelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

whats the accuracy like?

There is one review on Amazon that says the persons daughter used it for football

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2Q2IUWEQ6U1ZK/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

whats the accuracy like?

Heres an activity from Garmin connect when I used my forerunner 110 at a game of 5-a-side as an experiment.

I dont know how acurate it is in terms of distance but it looks to manage small distances well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

donnacha wrote: »
    Interesting. All the garmin heart rate monitors available on amazon.co.uk at the moment cost a lot more than €15. Think I'm going to take the plunge on the 110.

What I meant is that I ended having to pay an extra €15 because I bought the Heart Rate Monitor at a later stage. Had I bought the Watch and HRM together I would have saved €15 :-)

If you think you might use it then get "package".

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

VeVeX wrote: »
    Heres an activity from Garmin connect when I used my forerunner 110 at a game of 5-a-side as an experiment.

I dont know how acurate it is in terms of distance but it looks to manage small distances well.

Yeh, this is what I was thinking of.

Thanks veVex - 3 miles in 60 mins hey and a top speed of 9.5mph :cool:

Advertisement