Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 sent off for repair

• 28-01-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

So today I had my iPhone 5 collected by ups to be sent over to the uk due to the lock button rarely working.
    What can I expect? How long before I get it back ?
    Will I get a repair or new phone ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

My iPhone 5 got replaced by Apple last week (purple spots on the camera lens).

I did pay the €29 so that they dropped me off a new one before taking the old one, because when I asked they said it could take up to 10 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Cork981

Was tempted to do that but putting 760 on a credit card was a bit much.
    Hopefully it won't take then 10 feel like I'm missing a limb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

UPS collected iPod touch from me late last Tuesday, can see from tracking it was back in Dublin yesterday so I'm hoping to get it back today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If its collected from you on a thursday*, then 9 times out of ten, you will have it in your hand for the following thursday*.

*insert any day of the working week here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You'll get a refurbished or new phone. Refurbished phones are basically new too. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Usually about 5 working days is the turn around time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Dades wrote: »
    My iPhone 5 got replaced by Apple last week (purple spots on the camera lens).

I did pay the €29 so that they dropped me off a new one before taking the old one, because when I asked they said it could take up to 10 working days.

I have to send mine back today and according to UPS my replacement will be here this afternoon just wondering do i have to hand the driver back my phone and do i have to do a restore?,Apple weren't to clear on it

I have to send mine back today and according to UPS my replacement will be here this afternoon just wondering do i have to hand the driver back my phone and do i have to do a restore?,Apple weren't to clear on it
    Don't know if this it too late... but my UPS guy wasn't hanging around for the old one.

I had to ring them when I'd packaged up mine with a pre-paid label to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Had a similar problem, wake/sleep button not working intermittently, logged the call last night, 760 hold on my cc, refurb will ship tonight I hope.

I bought Applecare rather than paying the fee, worth it for the extra year hassle free warranty IMO.

My only worry is a small dink/ scratch near the button which they may deem to be damage and hence charge me, will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mickjd

Hi guys
    My iphone5 power button is not working properly. I dont have applecare insurance. I phoned vodafone today who said it would take 10-12 days to be repaired/replaced but wouldnt give me an iphone while im waiting for mine to be fixed/replaced. Should i just talk to Apple directly and if so where do i contact them ? Or should i push vodafone on this ?
    Thanks
    Btw im heading to australia on wednesday so need my phone sorted before i go :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Unless you bring it to a shop to be repaired its very unlikely you will have another before you go. Doing that will void the warranty though.

You could get an express replacement through apple like explained above but that might not arrive in time.

AppleCare is only another year warranty so wouldn't make a difference and Vodafone have no obligation to give you another iPhone while yours is being repaired

• Advertisement

Mickjd wrote: »
    Hi guys
    My iphone5 power button is not working properly. I dont have applecare insurance. I phoned vodafone today who said it would take 10-12 days to be repaired/replaced but wouldnt give me an iphone while im waiting for mine to be fixed/replaced. Should i just talk to Apple directly and if so where do i contact them ? Or should i push vodafone on this ?
    Thanks
    Btw im heading to australia on wednesday so need my phone sorted before i go :-)
    Call Apple, and opt for the service where they send you a phone and you then return yours. If you do it today you'll probably have the phone Monday or Tuesday (depending on where you are, I guess).

Mine arrived the following morning (from Germany, via the UK, to Dublin...) Fast!
    It'll cost you about 30 quid, and you'll need to give them a card to imprint the cost of an iPhone on but it's your only option ahead of Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Cork981

Just an update got mine sent off Monday afternoon and had a replacement in my hands Friday afternoon.

Advertisement