Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mobile layout. Viewing list of subscribed forums

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, so I've figured out what it is that I don't like about the new layout. It's the grey boxes on the forum/sub-forum lists - they're just too big. There's a huge gap between each forum name and each list seems interminably long as you scroll through it. Any chance of reverting to the more compact and cleaner layout of the previous version? The other thing I've noticed is that stickies don't appear to have a different coloured background any more, which makes them harder to notice. Can this be fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Zaph wrote: »
    The other thing I've noticed is that stickies don't appear to have a different coloured background any more, which makes them harder to notice. Can this be fixed?

It sure can, added to the bug tracker - thanks

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

dubmick wrote: »
    Came into post the same thing.
    Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

fitz wrote: »
    He's probably got the same page bookmarked that I used to use, the subbed forums list:

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/list

That one 404s now.

I'd bookmarked the page that just contained the list of forums I was following/ subscribed too. Does such a page still exist?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

I'd bookmarked the page that just contained the list of forums I was following/ subscribed too. Does such a page still exist?

No, but I think the guys are working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

your list of subbed forums should now be back at the top of the list on http://touch.boards.ie/browse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

your list of subbed forums should now be back at the top of the list on http://touch.boards.ie/browse

Yup, all working.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks great now Neil, and impressive turnaround time on that! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Great job guys, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Zaph wrote: »
    The other thing I've noticed is that stickies don't appear to have a different coloured background any more, which makes them harder to notice. Can this be fixed?

should be fixed for you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet on the touch site the time of the last post in "my threads" doesn't appear.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet on the touch site the time of the last post in "my threads" doesn't appear.

We've got that one, it's being fixed presently - thanks!

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Lads, mind me asking if you did a bit of pre release testing or if this is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

One thing that I noticed was threads displaying that they'd been moved from the forum they're already in. The Hazards of Belief thread in Atheism&Agnosticism and a couple of the stickies in TCN seem to do this. They don't look like the other stickies, what with smaller text and extra bits and pieces. Minor aesthetic niggle, really, but might be worth mentioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Well done on the speedy resolution to this problem. Working perfectly well now.

Sarky wrote: »
    One thing that I noticed was threads displaying that they'd been moved from the forum they're already in. The Hazards of Belief thread in Atheism&Agnosticism and a couple of the stickies in TCN seem to do this. They don't look like the other stickies, what with smaller text and extra bits and pieces. Minor aesthetic niggle, really, but might be worth mentioning.

A bug is a bug - thanks for pointing it out.

Danny

A bug is a bug - thanks for pointing it out.

Danny

Down the bottom of random threads I am getting "Last Poster: <Username> | < 1 min ago

Colour inserted to highlight issue only,

Also hitting "feedback" at the top or bottom was handy to bring you back to the forum. They're dead now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Is it possible to change the size of the box around the forum names on the browse page? The list seems to take up a number of screens, as opposed to the compact list we had previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't know if this has been mentioned & being looked into (I think this is the same as the old mobile version), but there's a lot of padding on the front page:

The below images are if you wait until the URL bar disappears, and if you don't, on an iPhone 4 (iOS5):

238590.gif238591.gif

With the url bar showing, you can only get two threads in the display on an iPhone 4, less than half of the screen height is given to the threads, the rest of the screen is taken up by logo, search, tabs and iOS stuff. Even if you wait until the URL bar leaves, and discount the iOS stuff from the screenspace, the screen is around 830 pixels high (960 total, including iOS) of which, 536 pixels are dedicated to threads (max three threads) which is 2/3 of the available screenspace (56% of the total screen).

How about less padding above and below the threads/search bar/tabs etc, and you could pop one more thread into the screen like below? Or has this been discussed to death and pointless me suggesting it?!

238592.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Gordon wrote: »
    How about less padding above and below the threads/search bar/tabs etc, and you could pop one more thread into the screen like below? Or has this been discussed to death and pointless me suggesting it?!

Constructive feedback is always welcome. We've been playing around with the padding on the header today, will hopefully have further updates some stage early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the size of the box around the forum names on the browse page? The list seems to take up a number of screens, as opposed to the compact list we had previously.
    This please, everything suddenly appears ridiculously gigantic for no real reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Whatever you guys done, leave it as is, I finally find the touch site usable !

Edit, actually the "posted in" is a bit pointless when you know what forum you're already in. But overall it's much easier to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

On the A-Z section, would be nice to know what the various subforums' home forums are - for instance there are 3 Games forums listed with no context as to what they belong to.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

On the A-Z section, would be nice to know what the various subforums' home forums are - for instance there are 3 Games forums listed with no context as to what they belong to.
    I don't understand the change. I now have an extra tap and more scrolling in order to get to my list of forums, plus the forum list is now on the opposite side of the screen to the boards logo and hard to identify. I can't grasp the logic of making the site more difficult to use.

Was it always the way on touch that when you post a reply your brought to the top of the page instead of your own post at the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Also, why does it name the forum when you're looking at the thread list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

We've tightened up the overall layout of the header and tabs as of earlier this morning, not as drastic as suggested in the thread perhaps but its a definite improvement.

Thanks for the above feedback, we'll be making a host of further updates in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Great working on getting the glitches sorted so quickly, back to being user-friendly again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

When I get a notification that I have a PM, hitting the notification icon only brings me to my account, where I have to select another option to get to my PM. Any chance that it could just click straight through to the inbox?

Advertisement