Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourism in Ireland

Options
  • 28-01-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    We're 2 adults and two children (7 and 10) and we're visiting Ireland from 14th to 21th of july (we already know Dublin city)

We would like to rent a caravan or a mobil home (we don't want to move many times).

Which counties do you suggest we can visit (we will have a car)?

We thought about the Galway county (especially the Connemara)
    Do you think it's a good choice?

Do you know a camping and caravan park which propose caravan or mobil home renting?

Thank you

Regards

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭patspost

Hi there,

I am not sure there are any places that rent caravans that you can tow around the country. You could try a camper van rental place, they might be able to put in touch or give you a lead.
    Another option would be to hire a camper va, i have no links to any renters but a bit of googling should turn up a few.

There is a caravan park in Salthill in the western suburb of Galway city, this would give access to connemara, you could contact them and enquire about renting a static mobile home.
    http://www.camping-ireland.ie/parks/galway/76-salthill-caravan-park.html

There are other mobile home parks around the country, I'm not sure about weekly rentals etc
    There are lots of beautiful areas all around the country, too numerous to list here.

Enjoy your holiday, the trick is I suppose not to cram too much in and have a few wet day activities for if it rains.

www.ireland.com is the new tourism site apparently.
    regards

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An option would be do just hire a car and stay in B&Bs wherever you go.
    If you want to get to know the real Ireland it's better to stay with people in their home than in a caravan park away from town.

I would suggest travelling along the coast from Belfast up and around to Derry, Donegal, Mayo, Galway, Kerry and down to Cork.

Advertisement