Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip Questions - thinking of buying there

Options
  • 28-01-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm considering buying in leixlip

How long does it take to get into town via train / bus / car?
    How much roughly would a taxi be into town?

Looking at Glen Easton, what is this like to live in, houses seem nice but quite far from train station and main street? Is there any shortcut to train station at louisa bridge through the various estates.
    How long would it take to get to top of captains hill at rush hour / normally from glen easton?

Any other estates worth looking at?

also, considering house on captains hill, is traffic constantly crazy on this road.

Any decent pubs in the town?

Sorry for all the questions...
    Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

You'll need to decide first of all if you want to be a Hiller or a Far Ender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Leixlip is generally grand ,Glen Easton seems like a nice estate.If youre going to be driving up Captains Hill much as it pains me to say ,maybe youd be better off being a "Hiller" (live UP Captains Hill) than a " Far Ender "(Nicer/Glen Easton side of town )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Town is only half an hour away off peak by car .Id imagine a taxi would cost a bomb and dont know much about pubs in town .Nice restaurants though!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Dutchy

2011abc wrote: »
    Town is only half an hour away off peak by car .Id imagine a taxi would cost a bomb and dont know much about pubs in town .Nice restaurants though!

Courtyard is the main pub in the village. Nice during the summer with the beer garden. Salmon Leap was a great pub until it closed last year. Taxi from town to leixlip, at night, is around 30. The hill is the far superior place to live in leixlip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I'm from the hill but bought down the far end.

From what i saw when i was buying the houses down the far end that are a similar age to the ones up the hill (Oaklawn, Oaklawn West + Glendale and Castletown + Riverforest, Glendale Meadows) seem to be a bit more expensive. I was looking at 2 in particular, one in Oaklawn West and one in Glendale, there was 15K in the difference. Both houses needed modernisation, and both were the exact same size.

Other than that there is a decent sized super valu up the hill, but in the far end there is a aldi or lidl along with 2 reasonable sized Spar's.

Pub wise, the far end has St. Mary's GAA, up the hill has the Riverforest Hotel & Confey GAA club

I'm not aware of any shortcut from Gleneaston to Louisa Bridge station, but i don't live there so there could well be one.

The traffic on the Captains hill can be fairly bad at rush hour, but i've never been waiting for more than 3 Traffic Light Cycles, and normally it's a clear run down. Going up there is rarely a problem.

In terms of pubs IN the town, as mentioned the Courtyard is probably the main draw. Murphys is a decent enough place for a pint, and the Guinness in The Middle Shop is a damn fine pint.

I suppose the main thing about the far end over the hill is that the estates beyond Accommodation Road on the Green Lane are all newer estates built in the last 10-15 years, whereas the 'newest' estate heading up the hill would be DunCarraig, or maybe Woodside at the back end of Riverforest

Advertisement