Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party-Gyle Brewing

Options
  • 28-01-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Has anyone done it,

I tried for the first time on Saturday, 11kg of marris otter in the Mash tun,
    First batch used 35 litres of water on first brew(So much soaked up by the grain) , also added 500g of dark spray malt to end up with 21 litres of Green beer with an OG of 1092. Used a new packet of dried ale yeast, and poured it on yeast cake of 5% Blonde that I had just transferred to secondary. Heavily hopped with Green Bullet, Chinook and Nelson Sauvin, to make a high ABV Dark IPA. I would expect it to finish about 1030, so around 8%ABV all going well.

Second batch, I ran 28 litres through the mash tun with green bullet, and cascade,, got 23litres of Green Beer in the fermenter OG was 1035, I used a new dried ale yeast, so if it finished around 1010, I should have a 3.2% mild.

It seems a great economical and fun way to brew if you have a mash tun large enough.

I’m going to try a Doppel Bock, party gyle brew in a few weeks, should be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yeah I've done it a few times.

The last time I put in no effort at all. I simply ran a few runs of kettle water in and some cold water. Enough to fill a 4 or 5 litre tuppaware container and threw some yeast and hops in during a boil.
    I reckon I got 4.5 litres of a weakish 3% or so EPA. It was drinkable and did not really cost me any more time as I just did it alongside the main brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Fullers use partygyle to brew London Pride. You could try a clone :)

Advertisement