Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of Introduction?

Options
  • 28-01-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all, I received an email confirming approval of my IEC, Was informed on the email that I would receive another email within 48 hours with my LOI stating there would be IMM5665 at the bottom right corner. Instead i recieved a letter via snail mail confirming my application to work in Canada has been approved but, it has IMM1442WP on it????? Nowhere does it say 'Letter of Introduction' Is this form one and the same? Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Did you get this e-mail last year? The applications for the 2013 visa's haven't opened yet.

It sounds like spam to be honest. Through what website did you apply? After you get accepted for the IEC you're asked to submit payment for the visa. It then takes six weeks from the point that they receive your payment for Canadian Immigration to issue your Letter of Introduction. There's no way you'd get it within 48 hours of being accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Was that the Irish program or somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KiwiScott

Yes it was issued late last year, im currently in Toronto and have a job lined up but need to do a run down to Niagara Falls to activate my IEC before i can start, im positive its not spam, as it comes from the immigration .ga.ca address. I already paid via certified bank cheque. Ive been doing this through the Sydney Australia office .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I think you're asking the wrong people to be honest as I'm not sure if anyone on here would have knowledge of how things work when applying to the Australian office. From the sounds of it the process seems slightly different to when you're applying through to the London office.

All of the visas for Irish residents were gone by June of last year and any e-mail correspondence would have come from the address ldn.iec@international.gc.ca.

My LOI was e-mailed to me as a PDF file named IMM5665 and that same number is on the bottom left hand corner of the letter but I never received anything called IMM1442WP. Sorry couldn't be more help.

Advertisement