Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening threads since update

Options
  • 28-01-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭

Since updating the touch site, when I open a thread, it opens the thread on the first post instead off the most recent post.

Is there any chance of fixing this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Same here, very annoying

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yep. This is driving me nuts. Used to bring me to the next unread post - super handy. Now I get the first post - super not handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Thanks for the heads up, we'll get this sorted this evening

This should be resolved now.

Threadbit / thread title will click through to the last post read, the "time ago" string will click through to last post created.

Please let me know if anyone experiences anything deviating from the above use cases, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Threadbit / thread title will click through to the last post read, the "time ago" string will click through to last post created.

Please let me know if anyone experiences anything deviating from the above use cases, thanks
    Hi Ronan, now mine are opening new threads I haven't read yet from the newest post in the thread. :/

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Back to normal for me. Thanks a million.

Hi Ronan, now mine are opening new threads I haven't read yet from the newest post in the thread. :/

Is this clicked through from a forum or one of the tabs on the homepage perchance?

There may be an issue here with the "My Forums" and "Latest" tabs, which I'm looking in to now. Any further information you could provide would be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I tested that out from the latest posts page, it jumped to a post posted 8minutes ago in a thread I was never in before. It goes to the latest post properly when clicking in a forum

Can I raise something else in here? When in a forum does it need to constantly say 'posted in forum name' under every thread? I understand it's use in latest posts but don't see the need in the forum

I tested that out from the latest posts page, it jumped to a post posted 8minutes ago in a thread I was never in before. It goes to the latest post properly when clicking in a forum

Can I raise something else in here? When in a forum does it need to constantly say 'posted in forum name' under every thread? I understand it's use in latest posts but don't see the need in the forum

Makes sense, let us take a look into the thread display over the next couple of days, will let you know how we get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Works a treat, thanks ronan

Do you fancy another issue?! I'm using a dolphin browser on galaxy s ii, when trying to open a thread I click the thread button box, it acknowledges that I've clicked but does nothing. I need to click on the thread title words to get in

• Advertisement

Do you fancy another issue?! I'm using a dolphin browser on galaxy s ii, when trying to open a thread I click the thread button box, it acknowledges that I've clicked but does nothing. I need to click on the thread title words to get in
    I'm having that issue too, I thought it was just me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

When in a thread I've lost the 3 tabs on top, I need to go back out to the previous page to get them back. Any chance of getting them?

fox_1973 wrote: »
    I'm having that issue too, I thought it was just me

Interesting one, I've pushed a potential fix there. Can't be 100% til I get my hands on a similar device / browser, but should hopefully be resolved now.

When in a thread I've lost the 3 tabs on top, I need to go back out to the previous page to get them back. Any chance of getting them?

We won't be displaying the tabs in a forum / thread view any time in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Hey Ronan, thanks for the fix.

Interesting one, I've pushed a potential fix there. Can't be 100% til I get my hands on a similar device / browser, but should hopefully be resolved now.
    Mine is working a charm now, cheers for that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

source wrote: »
    Since updating the touch site, when I open a thread, it opens the thread on the first post instead off the most recent post.

Is there any chance of fixing this?
    New touch site looking good now. :)

Just wondering, this going to page 1, post 1 in a thread I've read happens to me from time to time and I have to scroll right down to the end to get to the right page. Are there are ever going to be page numbers at the top of the page on Touch, or will they always be kept at the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

+1, Need page numbers at top of page!

This has been brought up many times but ye won't put it back, why??

After making a post when the page reloads it's back at the top and you have to scroll all the way down to make sure it went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

To my recollection the touch site never had page links at the top and bottom

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

To my recollection the touch site never had page links at the top and bottom

Nope but it was popular in the vote for new features and is on the mobile site (non-touch).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

Hi

On the touch version the "next" page option is gone at bottom of a forum page replaced by a ">" which most of the time won't work when tipped

In a multipage thread the "next"option is still there and works great.

Any chance of a fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

shovel wrote: »
    On the touch version the "next" page option is gone at bottom of a forum page replaced by a ">" which most of the time won't work when tipped

Any chance of a fix

Same thing, there's no known issues with the next page button either. What's your phone, browser, version etc?

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

When you lose Data connection when writing out a post and have to wait to post it till you get a connection again it won't let you, says something about a Token and you have to go back to thread and then back to editor and rewrite it all again, whats that about?

Same thing, there's no known issues with the next page button either. What's your phone, browser, version etc?

Danny

Hi
    The page numbers at the bottom of first page in after hours forum is

1 2 ... 4989 >

The 4989 tab takes you back to the first page 9 years ago

In one of the threads it's

1 2 3 ...10 next

The 4989 is in a box the size of and where the next tab would be

Phone is a huawei ascend g300
    Android version 4.0.3

I have tried the stock browser, firefox and chrome.Both the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Yes, the page jump links for pagination have changed but they have the same functions. A next page button is available, it is the button with the > on it.

Danny

I understand now

The > button is so small that it hardly works at all
    I would have thought that the next button would be the most used button .
    I have tried it again and in 20 presses it would not work

Advertisement