Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone signed for my package

Options
  • 28-01-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Im not really sure if this belongs here or Personal Issues!!

About an hour ago i checked UPC to track a parcel i was expecting. Much to my surprise it said 'Delivered' and it had been signed by my brother on Saturday afternoon.

My brother is 22 and its fair to say that he has a serious attitude problem. I text him a few minutes ago re said parcel and delivery and he denied all knowledge.

Im at a loss as what to do next. I live and work in Dublin so i could ask him again about it when im home. He would only get satisfaction from this though. I should add that the parcel was sent to my home address so i was expecting my mum to sign for it.

So frustrated right now!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Does Mum have any influence over your brother? Maybe she would get an answer out of him.,

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Does Mum have any influence over your brother? Maybe she would get an answer out of him.,

Unfortunately not. He works in Waterford so like myself he's only there at the weekends. He is very spiteful but i didn't think he'd stoop this low.

It was a new pair of runners, about €50 worth so not a massive amount.

Do i have any come back or any rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Do i have any come back or any rights?

Rights???? It's a family matter. :rolleyes:

The package was delivered to the correct address and was signed for. You know who signed for it as you have seen the signature.

This is now between you and your brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Agreed - this is not a Consumer Issue. Please let me know if you want this moved to Personal Issues.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

This seems ridiculous to me but you can always report theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Personally i would actually report theft, cause thats what it was, if he signed for it and its his signature and hes denying any knowledge i would say **** him .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask him did he take it. If he says "no", inform him you'll goto the police about it, and get them to match his signature with the signature given to see if it matches.

In saying that, if he's a little sh|te, he's probably already sold them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

About an hour ago i checked UPC to track a parcel i was expecting. Much to my surprise it said 'Delivered' and it had been signed by my brother on Saturday afternoon.
    It was a new pair of runners, about €50 worth so not a massive amount.

I presume you mean UPS unless upc are selling more products these days.

You are be able to view and print of the 'proof of delivery' details from the ups site, that you can show him as proof exact time etc that would hopefully sort the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

upc deliver runners now? the things companies will do nowadays to make an extra few quid! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Are you sure that he is not playing a nasty prank on you and that you will land home at the weekend to find the parcel there?

Yes, my mistake, i meant UPS.

Unfortunately its not just a prank, i'll be home again in two weeks and ill deal with it in person.

I can view the proof of delivery and while it doesn't contain am image of his signature (it just contains a typed text version), he doesn't know that!!

I am going to confront him about it with my evidence when im home again and hopefully he'll hand the package over.

I'd hate to report it as theft as i'd feel like im wasting the guards time. I'll use it as a threat though if i need to as he's an awful bully!

I know its only a small family matter but your advice has been helpful. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes, my mistake, i meant UPS.

Unfortunately its not just a prank, i'll be home again in two weeks and ill deal with it in person.

I can view the proof of delivery and while it doesn't contain am image of his signature (it just contains a typed text version), he doesn't know that!!

I am going to confront him about it with my evidence when im home again and hopefully he'll hand the package over.

I'd hate to report it as theft as i'd feel like im wasting the guards time. I'll use it as a threat though if i need to as he's an awful bully!

I know its only a small family matter but your advice has been helpful. Thank you. :)

I have got images of the signature in the past from couriers/an post after requesting one. I cant remember if i have with UPS but it might be worth an email or a call

Davy wrote: »
    I have got images of the signature in the past from couriers/an post after requesting one. I cant remember if i have with UPS but it might be worth an email or a call

I've just requested a 'status update' and requested an image of the signature to be emailed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

You kind of sound like you need to go to Judge Judy to sort out the runners issue and Dr. Phil to sort out the family issues!

Advertisement