Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich (away) - 30th January

Options
  • 28-01-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

Seven of our next eight matches are on TV, this is the one that's not.

Hopefully we can get back to winning ways. Norwich have been on a bad run of late, including a one nil defeat to Luton at home on Saturday - maybe they had one eye on this game like us.

Even though they're on a bad run, we shouldn't take this game lightly. The Norwich crowd are able to rise for the big occasions, witnessing their team beat Unirah and the Goons at home this season. Chelsea could only come away from Carrow Road with a tight 1-0 win - I'd happily take that now.

Nobody really knows if Defoe is injured or not as he's been seen in training since the United match, so I'm going to include him in my team selection.

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE

Lenon Dembele Parker Bal

Dempsey

Defoe

I suspect Holtby will be on the bench and may feature late on in the second half. Though the first substitute will most likely see Siggy coming on for Defoe and Dempsey going up top.

I know Norwich will be up for this match and if our players can't match that motivation then we could be in trouble. With the FA Cup gone now, our players must be focussed on the league.

My prediction, a tight and nervy 2-0 win.

COYS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We've played them 3 times and beaten them only once, exactly the type of game we tend to lose. Hopefully Bale can do what he did last year and tear them a new one yet again.

Also, such a pain this is clashing with the Clásico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

They've lost 6 of their last 7 games so on form we should be hammering them but we probably won't, especially without a striker!

I'd take a slippery 2-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd take any sort of win, awful feeling for a one all draw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We have to win this,anymore slipping up by us and Arsenal will pass us again fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

On paper you'd think this was a straight forward one but our record is poor against them, CH will want to do well against us and if we dont have Defoe then we will struggle.

Reckon it will be a no score or low score draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Holtby ain't arriving until the weekend DP.
    SSN reported last night that they understood Defoe would be available for Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

will be great to get a result here , im going for 1-1 or maybe 1-0 to norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Living in Australia has got its viewing advantages even though its at an awful time of the morning.. Will be up at 05.30 thursday morning to watch it live on fox sports on the tv...

To be fair i'd much rather be home either watching it at WHL or on a stream at a regular hour of the day....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The 'Dear Mr Levy' blog is reporting that Holtby is in the squad for tomorrow...

And this article has it too... http://www.london24.com/sport/spurs_boosted_by_striker_return_and_holtby_addition_for_norwich_clash_1_1831974

Though that article also has Falque in the squad... :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I read in 2 different paper websites today that he isn't moving until this weekend. Hope its wrong. I can't remember the other, probably the Sun though.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-have-sealed-the-signing-of-lewis-holtby-1560548

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

golfball37 wrote: »
    I read in 2 different paper websites today that he isn't moving until this weekend. Hope its wrong. I can't remember the other, probably the Sun though.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-have-sealed-the-signing-of-lewis-holtby-1560548

He is in the squad tomorrow night along with JD.

http://http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/team-news-29012013.page?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wonder will we see him at all. Would be nice to be 2 or 3 up by half time, and give him a good 20-30 minutes to some gametime early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

golfball37 wrote: »

This gives it away anyway.

793786_10151292171333505_1782887885_o.png

Looking pretty sharp in training!

Defoe is available after an injection.

Looking pretty sharp in training!

I know it's only a five minute clip, but he sounds like an intelligent and humble kind of lad. My kind of footballer!

So this isn't on any channel? i.e. i won't be able to even find a stream?

Kiith wrote: »
    So this isn't on any channel? i.e. i won't be able to even find a stream?

It's on fox sports here in Australia so yes most definitely you'll find a stream.

Footballstreaming.info is the best spot to find links in my opinion.

Edit: by the way fox sports gets every single PL game. ALL of them can be viewed in Australia with the sports package. So you can guarantee that there'll be streams of the PL games.

irishmover wrote: »
    Defoe is available after an injection.

My gut feeling is Defoe will start on the bench and will be brought on only if we're losing. There is no doubt he is playing with an injury but the club will want him on the bench so that we don't look desperate when bidding for a striker in the next 48hrs.... Love a good conspiracy theory!;)

• Advertisement

My gut feeling is Defoe will start on the bench and will be brought on only if we're losing. There is no doubt he is playing with an injury but the club will want him on the bench so that we don't look desperate when bidding for a striker in the next 48hrs.... Love a good conspiracy theory!;)

Well AVB has said he's fit after spinning the bejaysus out of his blood! Sounds like African witchcraft to me.... Maybe we'll see a lively Defoe tonight? (The morning for me)....

Speaking of which I really should get to bed! And sorry lads I haven't got a strong enough Internet connection to have a Skype video conference and let you's watch my 50" HD tv in the morning....

Villas-Boas said: "He's been selected. Is he ready to go straight in? It depends, but his English background can help him and he knows the culture and the language very well."

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Spurs team tonight: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker, Lennon, Bale, Dempsey & Defoe.

Our subs tonight: Friedel, Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, Holtby, Livermore & Sigurdsson

05.35 on my day off....

Spurs better win!

Good lineup, hope Defoe is fit and Holtby comes on and scores! Norwich been our bogey team last while...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Whats the chances of that stocking of ***** Bassong scoring against us tonight?

Streams are awful. Really choppy. Anyone have a decent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

the link i posted hasnt let me down so far-its espn so only irritation is shaka hislop commentating lol

Liverpool 1-0 up!....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Kiith wrote: »
    Streams are awful. Really choppy. Anyone have a decent one?

Excellent one here http://socsportslive.com/pg/22

Advertisement