Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich (away) - 30th January

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

So greedy! AAAAAAA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

****!

Great shot from Siggy, great save too! COYS

Oh we'll... Could have been much worse....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

pure muck tonight-looked like we couldnt care less lucky to get a point

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Parker, Walker and Dempsey all played terribly today. Dembele and a few others weren't as bad, but were close. All in all, another performance where we struggle against lower teams, with them being as physical as possible and bossing us. We were better in the 2nd half, especially after the 1st sub, but still nowhere near good enough.

The only good thing about today was that Holtby looks great. Quick, and accurate passing. On today's example, he should already be starting next week.

Not good enough to secure 4th place on that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

that is an absolute disgrace of a result. This result has gone a long way to showing if we can hang onto fourth spot. Unfortunatly with everton winning i cant see it. Lucky arsenal and pool drew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I really hope this time tomorrow we'll have signed a world class striker...doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

nbar12 wrote: »
    I really hope this time tomorrow we'll have signed a world class striker...doubtful

jesus i hope so! we really need a 20 goal a season player. Cant depend on defoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Much better 2nd half, had to be I suppose.
    Holtby looked very sharp which is great, looks like he won't need any time to settle in.
    Great goal from Bale.
    Considering the first half performance, not a bad point, especially with the draw in the other game.

Now for a heartbreaking Thursday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Smashing goal from Bale.

And our new boy looked very promising too.

Only positives...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Point not enough at all, we will struggle to make top 4 IMO. We never look like scoring enough goals. Holtby is a massive plus, hope never to see Dempsey start again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

We need to get a striker tomorrow. Defoe is as hot/cold as a huskies beanbag! His positioning is dire! He can't play with Ade (who himself doesn't give a ****e now he's got his contract!), they won't pass to each other when on the pitch together. Holtby looks good but has to play behind a quality striker, not the lazy, greedy dopes we have now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ha! Chelsea pegged back to 2-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jesus lads, whats the story with PArker. I hope he finds form soon cos we are screwed if we dont have a replacement who can fill in adequetly for Sandro.

Jesus lads, whats the story with PArker. I hope he finds form soon cos we are screwed if we dont have a replacement who can fill in adequetly for Sandro.

Yeah he is not playing well and neither is Dembele IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think there's a little melodrama on here today. Yes it was a frustrating result, but Norwich have beaten United and Arsenal in Carrow Road. The wind swung the advantage in Norwich's favour in the first half and then we came out and put it up to them in the second half.

Fortunately Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool draw. Screw fourth, THIRD is still there for us. Heads up lads!!!

Also, whoever said 'Dempsey is not a Spurs player'.... your comment was very much justified with the performance of Holtby. Brilliant! Hopefully he can keep that tempo up for 90 mins. His awareness and one-touch passing motivated the players around him to play at the same tempo!

COYS!

I think there's a little melodrama on here today. Yes it was a frustrating result, but Norwich have beaten United and Arsenal in Carrow Road. The wind swung the advantage in Norwich's favour in the first half and then we came out and put it up to them in the second half.

Fortunately Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool draw. Screw fourth, THIRD is still there for us. Heads up lads!!!

Also, whoever said 'Dempsey is not a Spurs player'.... your comment was very much justified with the performance of Holtby. Brilliant! Hopefully he can keep that tempo up for 90 mins. His awareness and one-touch passing motivated the players around him to play at the same tempo!

COYS!

Fair enough, I am guilty of being melodramatic but its just frustrating to see us play the way we did 1st half. It is going to be so close for top four that is for sure and we have only 3 points from last 3 games and that is a bit worrying.

Oh and it was me who said Dempsey was not a Spurs player, but yes Holtby is most certaintly one :).

I remember Jose Dominquez looking like a true spurs player in his first game and look how that turned out!!

But Holtby does look the business. I

Holtby just highlighted the void left by Vdv. Siggy/Dempsey not good enough although I still think Siggy will come good.

Greed, lack of positioning, inability to hold up the ball. Defoe. 3rd choice striker last season behind Saha.

I fancy us to sign Diame, Parker will struggle to maintain full fitness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I remember Jose Dominquez looking like a true spurs player in his first game and look how that turned out!!

But Holtby does look the business. I

Not fogetting Mido's great debut! :D

Bale's goal here http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-gareth-bales-incredible-solo-wonder-goal-v-norwich/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

world class goal from bale last night - we will miss them when he leaves :-)

didnt see the game but hotlby looks like a real find according to people - thats really great news

walker was shocking for their goal - he has to be taught that he has to attack the ball

mickman wrote: »
    world class goal from bale last night - we will miss them when he leaves :-)

didnt see the game but hotlby looks like a real find according to people - thats really great news

walker was shocking for their goal - he has to be taught that he has to attack the ball

I find it astonishing how walker still has his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A poor first half, a continuation from the leeds match. Much improved second half with Bale digging us out of a hole with a wonder goal, nearly won it but from a brilliant save from Bunn. Norwich are fighting for their life’s so a point isn’t the end of the world. Puzzled as to why Walker seems to take the majority of our set pieces? Not many corners made it past the first man if any. Good talent but reckless at times, badly needs some competition for the right back position.

Dembele’s form has dropped considerably as has Vertonghen. Both look mediocre but I’m sure they’ll put this right. Parker has came in for a lot of criticism of late, unjustified as he’s only coming back from a lengthy injury. So has Defoe, but it’s not like the midfield are creating multiple chances for him. He’s been feeding off scraps, once he finds his scoring touch I expect him to finish strongly.

Holtby was a ball of renewed energy for the midfield, nice first touch, nice physique without sounding gay. Way too early to tell but the signs look good.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH_LCZj_d6AGHpySb5F52kOKL1MlVg5u6I01I-Ky8fRVHgrU-J

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

A lot of people raving about Dembele this year but i havent seen anything from him. He retains possesion and dribbles a bit but theres no invention with him, nothing ever seems to come of it. Maybe hes playing too deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dembele has great attributes and I rate him highly. Anyone can see he’s sitting too deep, that should be Parkers role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

oppiuy wrote: »
    A lot of people raving about Dembele this year but i havent seen anything from him. He retains possesion and dribbles a bit but theres no invention with him, nothing ever seems to come of it. Maybe hes playing too deep.

A few games ago he was skipping around players, now he's holding still trying to make a pass which is not working

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    A few games ago he was skipping around players, now he's holding still trying to make a pass which is not working

Yes, he was playing little one-twos with Defoe/Lennon/Bale on the edge of the box and now he is taking the ball from the defense. Loada me' bollox

• Advertisement

oppiuy wrote: »

His stats up until a couple of weeks ago showed him as among the best midfielders in the league.

Advertisement