Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking phone

Options
  • 28-01-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Im currently with Vodafone pay as you go & I would like to change to Meteor bill pay. My phone is a nokia E5 & was bought through Vodafone, do I need to get my phone unlocked first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ktsul wrote: »
    Im currently with Vodafone pay as you go & I would like to change to Meteor bill pay. My phone is a nokia E5 & was bought through Vodafone, do I need to get my phone unlocked first?

Yes you do, but try a non VF sim in it, to confirm it isnt already unlocked.

Vodafone will give you the unlock code if you spent €130 on topup in the past 6 months, if you haven't done so, take it to a shop that unlocks phones, and they will remove the lock in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

I'm going to be passing on my phone so would I be better to get it unlocked and then do a factory reset or do the reset and then get it unlocked? Or does it make a blind bit of difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

delos wrote: »
    I'm going to be passing on my phone so would I be better to get it unlocked and then do a factory reset or do the reset and then get it unlocked? Or does it make a blind bit of difference?

It would be better to wipe and then unlock, as in a small amount of phones the lock can be reactivated, but doing the wipe first you are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mee!

is there any way to unlock it online for free? im also trying to unlock a nokia e5 for my friend, because vodafone wouldnt help her.

Advertisement